Ch15: Shadow

Meian's pov

I sat in Rufus' house, holding the cup he'd given me. "Thanks for letting me stay here" I thanked. "It's fine. Your a guildmate and Rogue doesn't come around my place often anyway. The only one who frequently comes around is Orga" he explained. I smiled at him.

I heard a knocking on the door as I looked up. Rufus walked over to the door and opened it. Minerva and Yukino stood at the door, holding Lector and Frosch.

I looked down. My head was hurting again. This dumb headache kept coming back then disappearing at random and it was killing me. Rufus talked to the others while I placed a hand to my head, trying to figure out why my head was hurting.

"Gajeel, let me go!" suddenly played in my head, a bright flash covering myy vision. The voice sounded scared and desperate. I opened my eyes and the image of several people standing down below flashed in front of me.

I fell onto my knees, the light freeing my vision as I was fell onto my knees. I was breathing heavily. "Are you alright?" Rufus asked. I nodded, unable to form words.

That voice sounded like Rogue. Could I be getting my memories back. Rufus helped me get back onto the couch and I thanked him.

"Maybe you should rest. I'll get you a blanket and pillows" he explained. I nodded in thanks. "Are you OK?" someone asked. I looked down and saw Frosch. He was sitting on my lap, eyes wide with tears.

I pet his head as he leaned into it. Rufus returned and handed me the stuff. I thanked him, settling down on the couch and closing my eyes.

***

I woke up to some dark void. The only think giving it light was half my body which was giving off a bright glow. "Hello?" I called in confusion.

"Hello there Meian" someone replied. I freaked out. I looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. When I turned around, I saw a shadowy figure with one white glowing eye and a large white smile.

"Who are you?" I asked. His smile grew wider. "I am shadow. Although it's more accurate to call me Rogue" he responded. "What are you and where are we?" I asked.

"I am a creature made of the darkness in Rogue's heart through his magic. We are currently in the dark part of your mind" he replied. "If your made of Rogue's magic then how are you in my head?" I asked.

"Your magic has the same magic make-up as Rogue's. Well half of it does. That means I can attach myself to you" he explained. I didn't say anything.

"You know Rogue thinks about you a lot lately. He's been so focused on you that I can't get into his head. But you. Your easy. You don't have any barriers built up to keep me out" he explained.

I got a bad feeling. "Why don't I trust you?" I asked. He laughed. "I could give you more power if you trust me" he replied, suddenly appearing right in front of me. I flinched back at this.

"I don't want more power. I just want Rogue to gett better" I objected, trying to hold back my fear. "You'll change your mind" he stated in a matter of fact tone before melting down into the ground, becoming nothing but an inky mess on the floor.

I suddenly woke up, trying to kick off the blankets. Lector and Frosch who were laying at the bottom of the couch looked at me with worry before their faces molded into something else. Surprise?

I looked down and was surprised myself. Instead of mmy hands, I Hadd pass just like them but the matched the markings of my skin. The only difference was they were white and black.

"What happened to me?" I asked. "Meian?" Lector asked. My eyes widened. "That's what Rogue called me" I stated.

Frosch leapt forward and hugged me happily. "Fro thought Meian was dead" he cried, hugging me tightly. I pet his head with my paw. I wasn't sure how to change back but I let Frosch hug me.

We all eventually just curled up together under the blanket.