Six

"OH MY GOD, IS STILES ABOUT TO THROW UP?"

Lacrosse tryouts began and Sierra nervously sat in the bleachers next to Malia, Kira beside them. The practice started out with basic defensive drills, which Stiles and Scott both excelled at. But, so did Liam. For a freshman, he kept up with the older boys well, even beating a multiple of them in the mile sprint.

That is what the boys just completed, Sierra looking alarmed as Scott helped Stiles off the ground.

"Oh, he's fine," Malia brushed off Sierra's worry, focused on her math homework

"Oh, he's fine," Malia brushed off Sierra's worry, focused on her math homework. Lacrosse bored her and she took the time during tryouts to finish some practice problems for Sierra to check when they met up later. Her head raised as a new scent caught her nose, and Malia glanced at Kira. "But she's not."

"What? I'm fine," the kitsune defended.

Sierra tore her eyes away from her boyfriend to look at Kira, "Malia's right. You reek with anxiety. I just didn't say anything because you looked lost in thought."

"It's distracting," Malia commented, scrunching her nose. "What's going on?"

Kira hesitated to talk, since Sierra was closer with Scott, but eventually spilled. "Scott and I kind of had this thing happen, but it wasn't much of a thing."

"Oh yeah," Sierra nodded her head. "Scott told me and Stiles about your kiss."

"You've got to be kidding me," Kira groaned, burying her head in the lacrosse stick she held.

"Why are you blushing?" Sierra noticed her red cheeks, smiling at her. "There's nothing to be ashamed of!"

"It just didn't happen like I thought it would," Kira sighed, lifting her gaze. "I wasn't expecting it, and now I'm scared what I thought was happening between us, isn't really happening." Realizing her ramble, she looked at the other girls. "Does that make sense?"

"No."

Sierra elbowed Malia, shooting her a warning glance. "But love never makes sense," she told Kira sweetly. "It's kind of like a wild roller coaster ride actually. And trust me, I know Scott cares for you. He's just been through a lot and wants to move things slow. You guys will be official in no time, I guarantee it."

"I hope so."

"I hope these tryouts are over soon," Malia muttered, her eyes locked on the field where the boys were now lining up for another drill. "Why is it that they're judged on being able to shoot the ball in the net?"

"It's not just their offensive ability," Sierra answered, following her gaze and noticing Stiles talking with Scott at the back of the line. "Coach has a list he likes to follow: offense, defense, attitude."

"Shouldn't attitude be at the top?" Kira wondered aloud.

"You would think."

"Is that Liam?" Malia pointed out the kid who was the first one to score in the drill. "He seems like he's good."