Thirty-Seven

"KIRA, YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN."

Sierra spoke calmly with her phone pressed against her ear. "I can't understand you when you talk like that."

"The only part you need to understand is that a kid named Lucas is the second chimera," Kira summarized what she rushed out seconds before. "He attacked this kid, Cory, earlier today and he went to the club tonight to hurt someone else."

"What club?" Sierra asked, already rising to her feet from where she had been sitting at a library table.

Kira replied, "It's called Sinema. Scott and I are leaving the hospital now."

"Okay, do you mind picking me up from school? I don't wanna take the Jeep and leave Stiles stranded."

"Yeah, we'll be there in a minute or two."

"I'll see you then."

The girls hung up, allowing Sierra to quickly gather her things. Her blue eyes flickered to her boyfriend, who was completely knocked out with his face mushed against an open book. They had been trying to find anything about chimeras in the bestiary, as well as any other history book they could find.

Malia had left about an hour before, claiming her dad needed her home.

Sierra's face softened from seeing Stiles's exhaustion; she didn't want to wake him up

Sierra's face softened from seeing Stiles's exhaustion; she didn't want to wake him up. Unfortunately though, she didn't have a choice. She needed to help Scott and Kira.

"Honey, come on, wake up. Look at me," she stated, gently shaking his shoulder.

Stiles winced, grumbles tiredly tumbling from his lips.

"That's it," she encouraged and leaned down to look at him at eye level. "Look, I've gotta run, okay? Scott needs me but I promise I'll meet you at home." Sierra pecked his cheek for a goodbye, throwing her bag on her arm.

"Be careful," he slurred out, a yawn escaping him as he started to awaken.

She called out over her shoulder, racing to the steps so she could meet Scott and Kira outside. "Always am!"

*^*^*^*^*

"Am I the only one thinking that a club with the word 'sin' in it will never bring anything good?" Sierra asked Scott and Kira, walking between them as they headed towards the club.

It was almost on the outskirts of town, probably for good reason. The building from the outside looked worn down but Sierra and Scott could both hear the music thumping inside even from where they were.

Scott snorted at his best friend's comment but didn't say anything. Kira spoke up with a sigh, "A kid turning into a half-scorpion, half-werewolf fits the theme then. Is there even a myth for that?"

"Sumerian," Sierra answered, digging her hands deeper into her jacket pockets from the chill breeze. "I came across something similar to Lucas in the bestiary. And might I say, they were terrifying."