Thirty

THEO RAEKEN.

A boy Scott, Stiles and Sierra all used to know.

He looked entirely different from elementary school, where Sierra remembered him as kind of reserved. Theo never held the same desire to instantly join in the races during recess and liked to read more in the library.

From what Sierra could recall, he did talk to her more than other kids--always wanting to sit with her and the boys at lunch. But when he moved away due to a job transfer, Sierra never thought she would see Theo again.

She glanced over at Scott with questioning eyes, but he didn't know how to respond either. Theo wasn't close with him when he lived in Beacon Hills. To Scott and Stiles, he always just wanted to hang out with Sierra or be alone. Scott never bothered to get to really know him, but still always acted nice like Melissa taught him to do. After all, any friend of Sierra's became his friend too.

As if he could see the gears turning in her head and Scott's, Theo spoke up. "Trust me, I never expected to see you all again either."

His eyes flicked between the duo and the other strangers surrounding them, especially noticing Stiles step closer to Sierra. He knew all their names; he had heard the stories. "Couple of months ago, I heard of an Alpha in Beacon Hills," he explained his sudden appearance. "When I heard his name was Scott McCall and Sierra Page was a True Empath at his side--" He shook his head. "I just couldn't believe it."

"And not even just an Alpha, but a True Alpha," Theo emphasized. "Your bond with Sierra is something I only thought to be a myth."

Scott glanced down at Sierra, who had pursed her lips as she studied Theo. "What do you want?" she finally asked, saying the question replaying in both hers and Scott's heads.

"I came back to Beacon Hills," Theo told her, smiling. "Back home with my family...Because I want to be a part of your pack."

Scott and Sierra didn't want to believe that their names had spread far, but Theo quickly said their names were like wildfire. Everyone knew who they were—especially since they had been at the top of the Deadpool and survived.

The duo knew they couldn't make a decision right then and there. Adding someone to the pack was a conversation Scott and Sierra needed to have privately, to weigh the pros and cons without everyone trying to jab in their opinions. The others needed to trust that they'd make the right choice, but that would take time. 

A lot of it.

*^*^*^*^*^*

Now, Stiles held a different view about his former classmate, Theo Raeken.

Just the name rubbed him the wrong way and seeing him in person...ugh. Stiles wanted to throw up.

As soon as he stepped through the high school's double doors, he relayed his thoughts to Sierra and Scott. Sierra held onto his hand, Scott on her other side with Kira next to him. After assuring Liam they'd be okay, Sierra and Scott sent him home--even though he still whined about not knowing about Senior Scribe.

"We haven't seen this kid in years," Stiles continued to express, making Sierra snap back into focus. "You two don't find that highly suspicious?"

"I'm kind of more concerned about the guy who just tried to kill me," Scott responded honestly.

Sierra nodded, coming to a stop in the hallway. "Scott has a point, Stiles. We know nothing about where this guy came from or how he had glowing claws. I mean, I didn't even think that was possible."

"I can't even accurately describe what it felt like," Scott said, his face scrunched up. "Just that I thought I was dying."

"Well, let's be glad that you didn't."