Nineteen

"YOU WANT ME TO WHAT?"

Sierra chuckled at Stiles's reaction to her words, holding his hand as they exited the hospital. Melissa finally let Stiles go after he went through an MRI, since Sierra's presence made him stick around.

She stopped in front of the jeep and Stiles faced her, gripping her hand tighter. "I want you," Sierra gently poked his chest, "to work with Malia on listening to Lorraine's tape. You think there's a clue in there, right?"

"I do," Stiles agreed with a nod. "But do you really think that's a good idea? She's barely talked to me since the whole Peter thing."

"Which is why this is a perfect opportunity for you to apologize," Sierra pointed out, but sighed once she saw him purse his lips. "Look, I know she was mad, okay? We both were. But we had a really good talk the other day and I know she misses hanging out with you."

Stiles tilted his head, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am," Sierra declared. "And it works out perfectly because I have to help Scott and Kira protect Satomi and her pack."

"How are you going to get there?" he questioned. "I mean, if we're going home right now."

"Jemma, Braeden and Derek are meeting me at my house," Sierra answered. "Scott and I are gonna need all the help we can get dealing with this." Worry was evident in Stiles's eyes as he looked at her, Sierra recognizing the stare. "Stop; stop with the look, Stiles."

"Look?" Stiles feigned innocence. "I'm sorry, what look are you referring to? I only stare at you with love."

Sierra rolled her eyes, but a smile slipped onto her lips. "You know what look, you dork."

"Hey, you can't be mad at me for worrying about you," Stiles replied on a more serious note. "Promise me you'll be careful?"

"I always am," Sierra assured, creating distance to get inside the jeep. Stiles tugged on her hand, stopping her from letting go. She turned back around with raised eyebrows. "Yes?"

"Nothing," Stiles shrugged his shoulders, but pulled her closer to him. "I just wanted to do this one thing first."

Sierra squinted her eyes, and stepped back up on the sidewalk. She stood in front of him, confused when he didn't move. "Okay, what? I give up."

Stiles smirked. "This."

He leaned forward, pressing his lips against hers. Sierra smiled as she kissed him back, but couldn't help herself and chuckled at his eagerness. Pulling away slightly, he pouted, "Why are you giggling like that? I can't kiss you when you're giggling."

"I know," Sierra laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. "And I'm sorry, you know I love you, but I also know your alternative motive."

Stiles raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah, what?"

"You're scared to talk with Malia," Sierra deducted and before he could protest, she went on. "Don't even deny it, Stiles. And I understand your worry, but we gotta sort this whole thing out and it starts with Malia forgiving you."

She didn't give him time to argue, releasing his hand to once again go to the passenger side of the jeep. "Now, come on," she urged him. "I don't want my sister leaving without me."

Stiles sighed, but nodded his head. Opening the driver side door, he stated, "All I'm saying is that if Malia kills me, I'm going to need someone to resurrect me so I can tell you I told you so."

"You're over-exaggerating, Stiles," Sierra rolled her eyes as she climbed in, buckling her seat belt. "Everyone knows you could just come back as a ghost."