Twenty-Eight

WHY DID SUMMER ALWAYS GO BY SO FAST?

The best three months of the year seemed to fly by, filled with the most relaxing and fun activities. Enjoying the last break before senior year, Stiles spent every moment he could with his best friends.

When the county fair opened, Stiles urged Scott to help him be one of first people to buy tickets. He recalled the exhilarating feeling of riding the Scrambler, Sierra's squeals filling the air as she held onto his bicep tightly.

Or when Malia discovered cotton candy, causing her to go on a sugar high and pull everyone to multiple gaming booths in excitement

Then there was Lydia surprising them all at the ring toss, not missing even once, while Scott won Kira a small stuffed bear from the High Striker.

His favorite moment of all though, had to be when Sierra dragged him over to the line in the Ferris Wheel

His favorite moment of all though, had to be when Sierra dragged him over to the line in the Ferris Wheel. It seemed perfect; the sun setting just as they made it to the top. The beautiful colors and lighting made Sierra start to take goofy pictures with him, before he finally kissed her right as she snapped another.

Then, there was the night where a local business sponsored a Disney drive-in movie for a homeless shelter. Opening up the back of the Jeep and collapsing the seats allowed him to throw a mix of blankets and pillows for him and Sierra to rest on.

Snuggled up to his side, Sierra lazily tossed her arm over his stomach and laid her head on his shoulder while the opening credits to Up played. He remembered rubbing her back unconsciously, fiddling with her fingers and thinking there wasn't another place he'd rather be.

The fun nights began due to Scott and Sierra working during the day; Scott staying with Deaton at the animal clinic while Sierra applied for a job at the ice cream parlor downtown. Owned by a sweet, elderly couple, Sierra adored showing up to the store everyday. And her heart ached when she learned about who they really were.

Mr. Joe and Mrs. Edith Jackson loved having Sierra work with them; said she reminded them of their teenage granddaughter who passed away.

Stiles remembered the night Sierra came over with tear-stained cheeks, telling him she had broke down in the driveway as soon as she pulled in. A girl their age, who went to their school and had beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes, succumbed to the wounds of an animal attack.