Thirty-Three

STILES AND SIERRA SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OUT LATE.

With school in the morning and exhaustion already so present, the two should've driven home and went to straight to sleep. There wasn't a reason for the them to be out.

But Sierra wanted to talk to Stiles.

Without Scott and Liam listening from the car or Noah and Jemma accidentally barging in at home. She simply desired to hold a conversation where he could be completely open and honest with her. And if that required them to stay at the preserve and drive to their special spot, then so be it.

The radio filled the silence during the short trip and neither teenager spoke even as they arrived. Sierra sat on top of the Jeep's hood, her back leaning against the windshield. Stiles started off hesitant to join her but the smile she offered assured him he was okay. So he climbed up beside her and laid in a way so his head was in her lap.

Her fingers immediately found his hair, brushing through the dark strands in a calming motion. Her other arm rested right beside his neck, letting him slowly intertwine his hand with hers. Stiles rested his eyes then, finding the action soothing while Sierra stared out onto the city.

He knew she wanted to say something, but felt grateful when she stayed quiet at first. She was aware of his previous frustration and wanted to make sure he was truly alright before bringing up the person that caused the disagreement between Scott and Stiles.

Theo.

Scott had informed her about their talk with him in the locker room, but she never got a chance to hear Stiles's thoughts on the matter. Sierra also wanted to figure out if there was another reason Stiles distrusted Theo, besides the signed forms.

"Is your hand feeling better?" she asked him, barely above the whisper. Yet it still pierced through the night air.

"Yes, thanks to you," Stiles expressed, squeezing her hand. "How was the rest of your day after I left the library? I didn't get to see you."

"It was okay," Sierra answered with a mere shrug. "Scott and I got to study a lot for our placement test tomorrow so I know that's a good thing. Lydia had Parrish check out Tracy's house while I stayed at school."

"Tracy, as in your track mate, Tracy?" Stiles clarified, opening his eyes. He tilted his head back so he could see her face. "Is she alright?"

"Well, she suffers from night terrors, so not really," Sierra answered honestly. "She looked pretty shaken so we had Parrish go by her house to make sure everything was secure. Lydia texted me a few hours ago that Parrish sealed the upper hatch so nothing could get into her room, but you won't believe what he found on the roof."

"What?"

"Dead ravens," Sierra exclaimed with a stressful sigh. "Add that to how she threw up black goo with feathers and you have a freaking weird situation."

Stiles crinkled his nose. "Parrish found dead ravens? That just reminds me of—"

"The first day last year?" Sierra suggested and he nodded. "Yeah, I thought about that too. I'm just hoping that it doesn't mean we have another crazy Darach to worry about."

"Even if there was, we'd figure it out," Stiles assured her. "And considering we haven't heard of any three-fold deaths on the news, I think we're safe."

Sierra hummed in agreement and went back to playing with his hair. Silence fell over the two again, Stiles almost falling asleep until he heard her voice. "So, are you going to tell me what's really going on with you?"

Stiles tensed, even though he knew she was bound to question him. Sierra noticed and added quietly, "You don't have to if you're not comfortable with talking to me. I just want to make sure you're okay."