Eight

"HEY, LIAM!"

Sierra greeted the freshman happily, a kind smile on her lips as she approached him at his locker. Turning at the sound of her voice, Liam's face instantly brightened. "Hey, Sierra! How's your day going?"

"It's going," Sierra chuckled, holding her books against her chest. "What about you? Up to anything interesting?"

Liam glanced down at his left forearm, thinking about how the bite had completely healed within a few hours. Should he tell her about Scott and Stiles?

He blinked, remembering Sierra was waiting for him to answer. "N-No," he lied, Sierra hearing his heart jump and sensing his anxiety. "I'm not doing anything."

Sierra didn't hesitate, seeing a way in. "Would you like to do something? Tonight?"

"What?" Surely Liam heard her wrong and his surprised expression made her laugh.

"My friend, Lydia Martin, is having a party tonight," she explained, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. "I want you to come."

"A-Are you sure?" Liam stuttered. "I'm pretty sure Lydia Martin doesn't know I exist; I'm just a freshman."

"Everybody goes to her parties," Sierra assured him. "They're tons of fun, I promise. Are you in or what?"

Liam thought for a moment, doubting the opportunity but the second Sierra sent him another smile, he decided to just go for it. "Yeah, yeah, I'm in."

"Perfect," she grinned. "I'll text you later with the details!"

Before he could even comprehend what was happening, Sierra pecked his cheek. He froze as she stepped back, waving her hand before heading to her next class.

When Mason walked over, he noticed Liam's wide eyes and tilted his head

When Mason walked over, he noticed Liam's wide eyes and tilted his head. "Dude, what's wrong with you?"

Liam snapped out of his trance, swallowing hard. "N-Nothing. I'm fine."

"You look like you just got hit by a truck."

*^*^*^*^*

Ever since Mizuki, Sierra had developed of habit of burying her nerves. She never did it intentionally, but facing a demon that wore her face changed the way she viewed her emotions. Anger, anxiety and fear were only a few feelings Sierra didn't like to face anymore, because those were what Mizuki used to get inside her head to begin with. She focused more time looking towards the good, attempting to constantly surround herself with love and joy.

But just because she had a grip on her emotions didn't keep her from feeling everyone else's.

Especially as she drove Liam to Lydia's lake house.

Sensing his tension, she slyly turned on the radio so he'd hopefully relax. Having been best friends with Scott since he was bitten, Sierra recognized certain signs in Liam that made her slightly press down harder on the gas pedal.