Forty-Eight

SCOTT'S ASTHMA WAS BACK.

That had been made clear. It had gotten so bad so quickly, Scott kept his inhaler in his pocket at all times. Just like he used to before he was bitten.

Except this time it felt different.

It was if the condition carried along a darkness behind it. One that kept people on edge and on guard.

Scott felt it, and he knew the others did too.

Five days had passed with no new chimeras or sightings of the dread doctors. However, it didn't bring relief. It only made things worse.

Scott pretended like nothing happened, as did Sierra and the rest of the pack. Yet while he walked down the hallways, he couldn't catch the usual grins or hear laughter floating through his ears.

It was grimly silent. Like everyone at the school could sense that something was coming and just...shut down.

Sometimes he found himself reaching for his inhaler, as if it would give him all the answers. But Scott knew that no puff of air could help him find a solution. He didn't know what to do; he didn't think anyone did.

He guessed that's why he slowly stopped talking to his friends. Not talking made it easier to keep secrets.

Sierra distanced herself completely, not even sparing Scott a glance during class

Sierra distanced herself completely, not even sparing Scott a glance during class. Stiles fell into his own hole as well, and from what Scott could tell, the boy hadn't spoken to Sierra as much either. Malia chose to ignore everyone, for reasons she never shared.

Liam kept Hayden away from Scott, still bitter about getting kidnapped. He wanted to keep her safe at all costs. Luckily, she seemed to be doing better. Her cut had healed completely, and now her heightened senses kicked in.

Corey was doing better too. He only talked to Mason and glared at Scott every time he saw him. He didn't want anything to do with the true alpha or the others. Not after the incident at Scott's house.

Then, there was Parrish. No one told the sheriff that his deputy was stealing the bodies. Yet, no one really told Parrish either. He doesn't seem to remember taking the bodies, and Scott thought that he was only dangerous if you tried to get in his way. If Stilinski knew the truth, he would definitely get in his way.

Luckily, Noah was busy trying to find more chimeras. Anyone who had two sets of DNA. No one at the station really knew what they're looking for. Some think it's a serial killer. Some probably know its worse.

So, Sierra and Stiles carried out their plan. Grouping with Lydia, they set out to find the bodies. Which meant finding the Nemeton. They just prayed this time no one had to drown in ice water.