Ten

EXCITEMENT BUZZED through the growing crowd, the lights to the field flicking on as the sun started to set. Both teams were in the middle of getting ready, checking their gear and throwing on their jerseys over their shoulder pads.

"You know, remind me to thank Coach for getting you all new uniforms," Sierra commented, smiling brightly up at Stiles. "Nike looks way better on you than Adidas."

He chuckled, adjusting one of his gloves before he grinned, "I'll definitely keep that in mind." His whiskey eyes caught sight of her outfit, making him smirk. "You love wearing my clothes, don't you?"

Sierra glanced down at her maroon Beacon Hills track shirt, noticing he was referencing the dark red and black flannel that covered her arms. Her cheeks flushed. "Sorry," she apologized but Stiles just waved his hand.

"Don't ever apologize for that," he told her, grabbing her hand and pulling her body closer to his. Once their faces were centimeters apart, Stiles whispered, "You look beautiful."

"And you look like you're ready to go kick some ass," she replied cheekily and he laughed, shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm definitely going to try." He bumped their noses together, "Good luck kiss?"

Sierra raised to her tiptoes, closing the distance between them without another word. Feeling the familiar electricity spread through his body, Stiles smiled at the way she kissed him. She tried to pull away but he was quick to keep her close, pecking her lips multiple times till she started to giggle.

"Okay, okay," she leaned back to get a good look at him, admiring the way his eyes lit up. "You're going to do great," Sierra assured, moving her arms away from his neck to rest over his jersey number.

"Thanks, string bean." Stiles glanced around, noticing Kira and Scott conversing on the bench. "You gonna sit on the bench or in the bleachers with my dad when he comes?"

"I'm not really sure," Sierra pursed her lips. "Because of Liam, I might sit on the bench, but I don't know if Coach will let me."

"Page!"

"Speaking of the devil," Stiles muttered, spotting his coach stalking over. Sierra completely stepped back from him, chuckling as she turned to face Coach Finstock.

"Where have you been?!" the man exclaimed, throwing the hand that wasn't holding a clipboard up in the air. "I need my assistant coach!"

"Assistant coach?" Sierra echoed, exchanging a confused look with Stiles. "You never asked me to be your assistant coach."

"I didn't?"

Sierra shook her head.

"Well, it's too late to ask you now," Coach Finstock remarked, handing her what he held in his hand. "Here's your clipboard and I'll get you a whistle, don't worry about that. I need you on the bench when the game starts, okay? You've been to all of our practices and even though it's just a scrimmage, we're going to run through some plays. You can take notes on how we execute."

Whirling on his heel to go talk with the referees, he yelled over his shoulder, "Don't forget! Buzzer sounds, be on the bench!"

Sierra stood there, stunned, while Stiles started to laugh. She snapped out of it, scrunching her nose in confusion. "What just happened?"

"I think I just developed a crush on the new assistant coach," Stiles teased, making her cheeks burn red.

Rolling her eyes, she playfully shoved him away from her. "Oh, shut up, you."

"Hey, at least now you know where you're sitting!"

*^*^*^*^*

"Tell me again why we decided to come here?"