89

mom: "y/n, we have to talk about this."

y/n: "You're telling me that you knew that woman?"

mom: "No. I mean..." (sighs) "I had had my suspicions."

y/n: "That Dad was having an affair?"

mom: "Yes."

y/n: "Oh my god..."

mom: "I wasn't certain. But now, after seeing that woman, my suspicions have been confirmed."

y/n: "Why didn't you ever confront him about it?"

mom: "I wasn't sure. And he was still so kind to us at home that I never... I never thought..." (clears throat) "I didn't want it to be true."

y/n: "How long have you suspected this?"

mom: "2 years."

y/n: "2 years?"

mom: "y/n--"

y/n: "You're telling me Dad has been lying to you, lying to us, for 2 years?"

mom: "Please don't speak ill of him, y/n."

y/n: "How can I not? Mom, you're telling me that the man I looked up to my whole life, the man that I've been mourning over for months, has been a scumbag this entire time."

mom: (harshly) "y/n, don't call your father that. Stop it right now."

y/n: "Why? Did he stop sleeping with that woman for 2 years? Did he think we were too stupid to figure it out?"

mom: "I don't know if they ever slept together."

y/n: "Please. What were they doing for 2 years, playing boardgames? I'm sorry, Mom, I have to... I'm going up to my apartment now."

mom: "He loved us."

y/n: "He didn't love us enough."