019

(SOOBIN video chatting...)

soobin: "Hi."

y/n: "Hi."

soobin: "Thanks for giving me your real number."

y/n: "I should have given it to you the moment you asked me to become your girlfriend."

soobin: "I wouldn't have forced you, though. You know that, right?"

y/n: "I know."

soobin: "So... I should explain myself."

y/n: "I should explain myself, too, but you go first."

soobin: "I just wanted to say it to your face... I'm sorry. I really am. I really did intend to go on the app to get extra English help. I didn't think I would..." (clears throat) "...fall for anyone. I had no idea."

y/n: "Do you... I mean, did you regret it?"

soobin: "No. God, no. You're one of the reasons that's kept me going since our debut, y/n. The other members are like my brothers, of course. But some days I didn't want to burden them with my stress... and it was... easier to talk to you, you know? You didn't know who I really was, and it felt good to kind of tell someone what I was going through."

y/n: "I wish you could have told me fully. I could have helped you. Maybe I could have..." (sigh) "Maybe I could have given you advice. Like how you gave me advice."

soobin: "I know, but I was nervous about how you would react. Would you really have believed me?"

y/n: "If you'd video chatted me like how you are right now and told me in person, then yes."

soobin: "I know... I'm sorry."

y/n: (sighs) "It's alright. I get it. You don't exactly lead a normal life."

soobin: (laughs) "I... I really don't."

y/n: "But that's okay."

soobin: "It is?"

y/n: "Of course, it is. Soobin, you do realize that I fell for you because of you. Just you. Just how you treated me and how you talked to me and the effort you put into our friendship... and eventually, our relationship." (sniffles) "You are one of the kindest people I have ever met in my entire life. Your heart is so big... and I want you to be able to feel like you can tell me what's on your mind." 

soobin: "I want to. And I want you to feel like you can open up to me, too. You have, but I mean... everything. Everything and anything about your family, your job, whatever is stressing you out... I want to be there for you, y/n."

y/n: "I want to be there for you, too."

(long pause)

y/n: "Why are you smiling?"

soobin: "Because we've been talking for more than five minutes and I get to see your face while you talk. Did you know you make the cutest expressions when you're talking about me?" (smiles wider) "You must have really fallen for me, huh?"

y/n: (fights a smile) "Oh no, where did you go?"

soobin: "What happened, did we lose connection?"

y/n: "No, your head grew so big after you said that that I couldn't see you for a moment." 

soobin: "Ha ha ha."

y/n: (mocking) "Ha ha ha." 

(laughter)

y/n: "This feels nice. Talking like this. Knowing who you are."

soobin: "I like it, too. I really missed you. Really."

y/n: "I feel the same way." 

soobin: "I... I want to ask you something."

y/n: "Okay."

soobin: "Can we try again?"

y/n: "Try...?"

soobin: "Our relationship." (nervous laughter) "Um... boyfriend. Girlfriend."

y/n: "Oh." (blushes) "Y-yes."

soobin: "Yes?"

y/n: (nods) "Yes. And this time, I'll be more open with you, too. I won't run away. I'll try to be more understanding."

soobin: "If we're going to try again, we need to add one more condition."

y/n: "What's that?"

soobin: (grins) "We video chat more so that I can see you. Deal?"

y/n: "Deal."