03

best friend: "Y/n! I'm hooome!"

(silence)

best friend: "Classes felt so long today. And the weather was so nice and sunny. It made me want to fall asleep during lecture."

(silence)

best friend: "Y/n...?"

y/n: "You know."

best friend: "What are you talking about?"

y/n: "You know about Soobin. You saw him."

(silence)

best friend: "How did you find out?"

y/n: "I video chatted him. I recognized him right away." (laughs bitterly) "Did you think I wouldn't?"

best friend: "N-no. y/n, I was doing it to protect you."

y/n: "You know, I'm really beginning to hate that word. Protect. For once, I wish I could decide what does and doesn't protect me. Did you think keeping Soobin's identity from me would make me happier? That it wouldn't hurt me to find out that everyone else knew who he really is but me? And by everyone, I mean, practically the entire Internet knows the real him but me?"

best friend: "Be mad at me. Fine. But don't be mad at Soobin."

y/n: "How can I not be mad at Soobin? He's been lying to me since the beginning! And you told him to continue to lie to me!"

best friend: "To prot--"

y/n: "Stop. If this is the kind of protection everyone wants to give me, then I don't want it." 

best friend: "I'm your best friend."

y/n: "That's what makes your lie even worse."