Chapter Twenty One

It's been two weeks and nothings changed with Honey. She's still with Monty, and they both still on that stuff. If anything it's worse now. Liyah and Jay tried to go get her again. They took Nyla and Jameson with them this time. But she wouldn't come.

She slammed the door in their face and said if they came back it wouldn't be so pretty. Jason said they got their answer and should leave it alone. He thought Honey would come around eventually. But Aaliyah didn't want to. She been begging him to come back over with her but he won't do it. None of them are going to help Honey. She would have to help herself.

Honeys Point Of View.

"What you mean you don't got no more?" I said looking at Monty like he was crazy. "Honey I don't have anymore damn. I'm gone hit the boss today and get sum new shit. I need to make some money anyways. I'll be back tonight." He said putting his shoes on. "Bye baby gimme kissy." I said following him out the room. "Come here girl." He pulled me in and gave me a long kiss.

As soon as he walked out the door I was missing him. He ain't been doing too much working lately. He been at the house with me everyday. All we been doing is fucking. And getting high. I was loving everything about it. The way these drugs was making me feel... I can't even explain. But I see why momma loved it so much.

ding ding I looked down and seen I had a text message from Liyah.

Aaliyah: You need to come to school Honey. I can't hold down your grades forever.

I looked at the message and rolled m eyes before locking it. don't need the negativity right now. She been bugging me everyday saying I need to come to school. I'm not going. I don't need school. I got everything I need at home.

I wish she would just mind her business. All of them. They can't accept that this is how I wanna live. But I don't care. This is my life and they can't tell me what to do with it. Period. I was starting to get bored so I got up to look in Monty shit.

I knew he had to have something and I was right. He had a small bag of weed. It wasn't much but it was something. I went to sit down and was about to start rolling up when I heard a knock on the door. I got up to answer it and couldn't believe who it was.

"He- Hey baby." My mother stood before me. She looked much different. Where she once had curves she was skinny to the bone. Her face looked dirty. Like it hadn't been washed in days. Her whole body did. She had on rags, I wouldn't call clothes.

I couldn't believe after all these years she decided to come back. "Mommy." I cried. She pulled me into her arms. I got something I hadn't received in a long time. a mothers touch. I stood in my mothers arm for a while before she let go to examine me. Her face soon went to disappointment. "Honeybee really?" She said shaking her head. "Momma I really ain't tryna hear all that-."

"I can't believe this. What would your father think?" She yelled over me. I put my head down in embarrassment. "You think he would want his youngest daughter out here looking like this? On all different types of drugs missing school?" She said crying.

I couldn't take it. "You're one to talk. You think he's proud of you after you left your two daughters to raise their selves?" I shot back. She looked up with hurt in her eyes. "I know he wouldn't be. And i'm sorry for that but-."

"No you don't get to say sorry and think it goes away. It was hard. It was so hard not having a mom or dad to come home to everyday. Kesha did all she could but that wasn't always enough." I said cutting her off again. "Honeybee. I know. I'm so sorry I know. I couldn't deal with losing the love of my life. And when I got on that stuff I promised myself I wouldn't let my daughters see me become an addict. So I left.." She said.