My life, Their ways

Vikram's pov

I am in a very important meeting with some clients from Europe over my most ambitious upcoming hotel project at Udaipur.

My phone beeps, it's a text from my sister- Bhai I got sorted! Be free day after tomorrow.

Huh! She can be the Boss sometimes.

After the meeting around lunch, I called her and asked what is so important that she needs me to be with her.?

She said- Bhai, come-on! I know It's my engagement, but we all need to co-ordinate our dresses, right? So,We are going to my designer.
Afterall we are the Great Udaipur Royals!

I chuckled and said- All that is now in past dear, your brother has to slog his ass off to fulfill your Royalty though!

She said- Are you even serious Bhai!!!!
I know you don't like to get all decked up...and you always kind pull this off ...but this time you have to listen to me....no more excuses!! We are going to meet Akira.

"Akira"...I thought I know someone with this name....but can't remember!!!
Hell yeah, like I have time to remember. All my past connections have been deleted from my memory...I atleast I can say I tried!!! With smriti's yelling I came back to reality.

And no argument can be won when my little devil of a sister is on a mission. I muttered lightly.

She said grinning- Exactly Big Bro!!

Defeated I told her, I will accompany her!

Walking through the corridor of my office floor, i heard some of my staffs whispering how different I was with them compared to my family. How I made them work overtime. And how was an arrogant Boss...however I walked unafftected....and anyways this is a usual sight for me since they only saw my cruel side ...never in their dreams they might think how I passed hardships of this cruel life.

My Life has been such a disaster since after one unfateful day, when our parents were found dead in a car accident that is when i left Udaipur and came to Delhi, with Smriti.

I was Struggling with Business and smriti. Then, SHE came...and turned my world upside down...I was in a spell....and could not see the real person behind that gorgeous face of my wife, my life... (Atleast I considered her my everything) "Kavita". She was everything I had since my parents departure. We were teen sweethearts and met in a business party here in Delhi, through my one only friend, my confidant, Utkarsh Singhania. I searched my peace in her...i was desparate for a friend. We met often, she seemed changed but nice. Later I proposed her in marriage and she happily agreed. My business was still not stable here in Delhi but I was progressing. I promised both my girls that I will fulfill every dreams of theirs... We started as a happy family but soon enough she started to behave strange....she asked me to cut all my ties from whatever family I had from Udaipur, I willingly agreed since I was not very fond of them. I worked day and nights with whatever I had. I had ideas but nobody was ready to take chances or risks as they said, then,but me with Utkarsh, we took risks and we finally made it! Our textile factories were renowned...with God's grace ...but things were not the same between me and Kavita anymore.
Looking back now I think, she had no faith in me whatsoever I did for her. Heck, I ignored my Smriti for her but nothing was enough for HER, I guess. Times flew, we were economically stable but somewhere in the process we were drifting apart....it was like she was never there!!! She always wanted to become a Super model and being my wife was a hinderence, as per her. We were gifted with our little angel Kiyara and I thought that this will bring changes in her...but everything started to collapse after that...she became indifferent towards Kiyara ...it was either me or Smriti who looked after her whenever she needed her mother.

And one fine day, she left to Paris for a project and never came back.
I just received divorce papers. I did not even got a chance to ask what went wrong. Why she left our daughter like that...just for her modelling career..!

Days passed...but I heard nothing from her. It was only after one year, when we met in a family court with those divorce papers. She told me, her life is not here with us anymore.(How convenient)

She told me, she can't be stuck with a baby and a husband who still couldn't make it as big as she wanted.
Earth crashed beneath me.
How could I never saw this coming???
I was devastated...broken....!

But I gathered myself up and got separated..and also won the Custody of our daughter ..she anyways was never interested in Kiyara.

It was then I learnt how cruel this money minded society can be. Making my Business at a world class, became my reason for living....or an escape to the heartbreak I got. Ofcourse, my two angels became blessings in my life, if not for them, I would have been a dead man by now. Till today, I never compromise in my Business affairs.
And yes, I am ruthless to my staffmen, but who cares!!! what I am today, is what they made me!!

Now, there is no coming back.

With my head held high, I walked out of my tall and luxurious office building, where my gunmen were waiting for my Caravan to leave to my home, my princesses.

I hope you guys are enjoying my first write up. Keep supporting and please vote.

I promise the story is going to go on a fast pace now.

I love you all.