New Bond

Akira's pov

Here, pick one from them, Aki!!!- said my mom.

(Oh! Like it is going to change my fate!)

Now don't make faces. I got them from your Geeta aunty. These fortune cookies are special.- my mom told

Dad as usual, gave a smirk.

I said- Ok mom!Let me try.

I picked one of them, and guess what it says- "You Will Form A New Bond Today"

Mom became so Happy and said- See I told you, today is going to bring a new change in your relationship status.

I said- Oh, come on mom! You and your fortune cookies!!!
Now, stop lecturing me on this new "relationship status" thinking, please! I gotta go, I have a client to attend.

Reaching upon my studio, I met my craftsmen and my assistant.
Quickly, I arranged my sketches. I just Hope Ms Rathore likes them.

Just then, my assistant came and informed of her arrival. I asked her to send her in.

I was soon engulfed in a tight hug and I could hear a Hello Akira!!!
Guess what, this is Ms Rathore. She is really over friendly.

I greeted her- Ms Rathore, it's nice to see you!

Hey! What the Hell ya!!! I thought we were over with this Ms Rathore-Ms Akira!!!! - whined Smriti.

I chuckled and said- Smriti it is!!!
How is Kiyara? I hope she is fine.

Yeah...she....but before she could complete her sentence...someone cleared throat. There stood a handsome six feet tall guy, who I am believing is Kartik, the groom.

But, what caught my attention was Mr Rathore. What is he doing here???- I thought.... Wait, that's Kiyara peeking from his back .....my...my...guess,I have guests!

Kiyara came down from his shoulders and came running towards me and hugged my legs. So cute!

I took her in my arms, and exclaimed- We have a Princess, here!

She giggled and said- Hello Akira aunty, I missed you!

Surprised, I smiled and looked up, only to meet those deep eyes that were boring holes at me, well that's weird!!!!

Smriti broke the silence and said- Sorry Akira, I forgot to introduce my fiance here, meet Kartik Rajvanshi! My Love and soon to be my husband. And she blushed.

And also, Kiyara wanted to meet you, so she came along Bhai. Besides, I have some new work for you.

We shook our hands, and I asked them to sit.
You two make a lovely couple. - I have to admit.

They both blushed!

Kiyara sat with her dad on the couch outside my cabin and we three sat on my studio table.

I discussed both Smriti's and Kartik's ensembles and finalised everything.
They both looked happy with my designs.
Well, that was easy!!!
Still, I felt a little weird. I have a feeling someone is watching me from outside.
I shrugged!

Smriti cleard her throat and said- Akira, you have done a fantastic job with our dresses.
I smiled but she sounded unsure of something.
I asked- Is everything ok! You want to tell me something?

Smriti said- iwantyoutodesignformybotheraswell.

What????

She took a deep breath and said- I know it's on last minutes, but you have to design for my brother also, please!!! I know I am acting like a bitch but you have to do this, please don't say no!!!

I told her- Look Smriti, you know I can't do this. We have already a very tight schedule...and adding another ensemble...it's just not possible. It does not work like that. Please try to understand.

She again pleaded- You don't know Akira, how I convinced him. Please do this, for me, the Bride. Consider it as my engagement gift.
You don't know, my brother never asks for anything for himself. I want to surprise him. Please don't say know!

Kartik interrupted, Smriti please don't force her. I am sure if she could, she would have said yes. We will figure something out for Bhai.

But she did not back out. I said- Ok fine.! I will do it.
But don't expect anything out of the box. I have few sketches....if you choose one of them, I will make few changes here and there according to your look. Is that ok??

She beamed with happiness....and jumped from her chair and hugged me real tight.

Can't breathe...I said.
She pulled back and said- Thank you so much Akira, you don't know what this means!

I said- Now don't waste time, come on...finalise a look for your brother.

After some 15 mins, we were done with the design.

Smriti said- Here!
She handed me a shiny square box.

What is this? - I asked

She replied- This is my engagement invitation, sweetheart!
And You have to come.
I quickly replied- No-No-No...I am Sorry Smriti, but I can't come ....I have my business, my family, my Vidit here! I can't drop everything and come, right? I won't be able to make it.

She thought for a while and said- How about this! Ummm....you are supposed to deliver our dresses 3 days before my engagement, but now with Bhai's ensemble...you have less time. So, what you can do is....come with our dresses on the engagement day itself. And you can bring your family also, that way they can also attend the function and Kiyara and Vidit will have a fun time. Wow! It will be so super much fun.

I said- This can't be happening!
You can't just have your dress on your day! There can be corrections..I can't take that risk.

But she threatened me and I finally had to give in. She is one heck of a stubborn girl!

Finally, we went outside and met Kiyara and his dad, again! He is so intense! Can't believe he waited for half an hour! I mean he looks busy! Huh!

We all played for some more time and finally said our good byes.
Before sitting in her black Merc, Smriti said- Akira! Thank you so much! I found a friend in you.
I will see you all at our engagement.

I smiled and waved at her.

I guess, I really found a new friend today, a new Bond!

Now, I really have to explain a lot to my mom.!

Sorry guys I am late this time. Actually my toddler kept me busy ....so couldn't write the new chapter.
Apologies!

Keep reading, Keep voting and leave your comments please.