The Journey and Our Stress Busters

Author's pov

After all the chaotic mess that happened last day.....this new day came with a new ray of sunshine.
The Rathores bid farewell to Vikram, Smriti, Akira, her parents and the adorable kids.
Along with them were the Rajvanshis.
Both Vikram and Akira avoided each other.
There were two Jets and all the elders boarded in one leaving the young bunch to gather together.
Kartik informed they had to first halt at Mount Abu, for some business meeting and then they would leave to Delhi.

He also planned a visit to an amusement park for kids, in order to reduce the building tension.
Looking at the excited Vidit and Kiyara, both Vikram and Akira refrained from any further argument. They were relieved to see the kids happy.

Through out the journey, Akira did not say a word to Vikram, however she could not understand as to why! She was in deep thoughts.

And Vikram, on the other hand, stole a few glances of her. Something had changed inside him for Akira. May be it was the way he opened up to her. He was seeing her in different light. He really appreciated the way she handled the situation.

Despite of their different feelings, they were jovial with both the kids, which did not go unnoticed by Smriti and Kartik.

The newly engaged couple also had a cozy time together. Afterall, They were in Love.
And Akira admired them.

Soon they landed at Mount Abu. They halted at Rajvanshis Villa.
Soon, after the meeting, Kartik came to take them to the Amusement Park.

Looking at the restless Kartik, Akira decided to send him with Smriti in a separate car.
Kartik mouthed a thank you and took Smriti with him.
Left with kids and Vikram alone, Akira was a bit uncomfortable.

Sensing her hesitation he cleard his throat and said - Um....let's go? We will be behind.

Akira nodded.
She made both the kids sit, securing them in the baby car seats. And moved towards the passenger seat.
Vikram ignited the engine.
Both the kids slept as they were dead tired due to the previous flight.

There was silence in the car.

Vikram muttered - This is really awkward!

Akira heard and looked outside the window.

Thank you - said Vikram

For what! - asked Akira

You know, you were patient with me last night. I am....I am sorry if I crossed my lines. - he said

It's ok! It was the Alcohol! - she said
Smriti helped me! - she added.

Yeah! - Vikram said and then again there was silence.

Soon, Vikram parked the car outside the Amusement Park.
Akira took sleeping Kiyara on her shoulder and Vikram had Vidit at his back, as he was awake and demanded Vikram to carry him on his back. Akira objected but Vikram said it was ok.

Suddenly, Vikram's mobile started to ring. And he was not able to take the call as he was holding Vidit.
He gestured Akira to take out his mobile from his tee. Akira was hesitant but came close to Vikram, gulping her saliva and with her this close, Vikram's Adam's apple moved. They shared a short eye lock, before Akira put her fingers inside his pocket with great caution. She took out the mobile and saw it was Smriti calling. Vikram gestured to take the call and put it on speaker.

Bhai where are you guys? We have been waiting for you!
Omg, Are you purposely delaying since Akira is with you? - Smriti shouted from the other end

Both Akira and Vikram were embarrassed and looked away.

Vikram said - Ah! Princess! Hold on ...we are just outside. Tell me at which counter you guys are ....we will reach there.!