1.)Angels falling from the sky

This is not your typical love story. I make no promises of happy endings and fairy tale nonsense of a knight in shining armor swooping into the rescue. No. My life has never been so simple. honestly, I'm barely holding it together with starting a new business, finishing up classes and an extremely clingy, delusional ex boyfriend- I needed a good day!

"Cherie!! We need to hurry up- we'll be late at this rate!" I heard the muffled yells of my best friend, through the bathroom door.

I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup and she made me mess up my cat eye liner.

"Shit..." I whispered under my breath.
"I'll only be a minute!" I called back to her while I grabbed a q-tip and began to clean up the stubborn black eyeliner.

My best friend is my roommate and we share a two bedroom town house on the outskirts of Hollywood, California. She was already trying to rush me, but honestly, you CANNOT afford to look a mess when your job is to beautify others.

I'm a makeup artist, after all. My face has to be on point, as well as my outfit. Basically full on appearance has to slay for people in this industry to take you seriously.

My best friend, Rose, is a hairstylist. We're basically a packaged deal. Deadly combo- if you will. I mean it was basically destined in the stars. "Cherie Rose" is our company name. I mean, come on! How much more classy can you get?

"Ok, loser- let's get to it!" I sang as I half skipped past her slender frame leaning against the door.

Keys in hand she rolled her eyes at me, "Cherie, we can't afford to make these people wait this is our first MAJOR job!"

Briskly making our way to the car- she thankfully remote control started it with the air conditioning on full blast.

Thank God- I thought. It was an extremely humid day.  I cannot stand being hot. It makes me so irritable and uncomfortable. My mind began to get anxious and I was stuck in my cloud of thoughts as Rose took off speeding down the avenue.

"Geez, girl, calm down. We're going to ROCK this!" I exclaimed with a dab.

We both giggled at my silliness. I'm actually surprised that I'm this chipper this morning since I haven't even had my cup of coffee yet and at this rate I doubt I would. Rose was in too Much of a hurry.

Which I fully understand. I mean we've been working our butts off to lift this beauty company up from nothing and today we are lucky enough to score celebrity clients!

You see, our good friend, Claude, hooked us up! He is the photographer for today's event and we've known him since college. He suggested us when the clients were going through his portfolio. Apparently, they were indeed impressed with the looks we'd done for the previous photo shoots we've worked with Claude. Unfortunately, he hasn't slipped the names of the clients. Per their request, I guess there were crazed fans following their every move and they didn't want to make a scene.

"Okay, Cherie, lets do this!" Rose said as she pulled into the parking lot of the venue.

I had been so lost in my thoughts so I hadn't realized we'd arrived so quickly. We unloaded our cases packed with our supplies from the trunk of the car and rolled them behind us as we made our way to the bridge. This was to be an outdoor shoot.

I spot Claude and carefully glide over to him, making sure not to get my high heels stuck in the grass.

"Sweetheart! You're 15 minutes late!" He whispered furiously, but had a fake smile on his lips. Which I found rather odd. Claude was never one to hold his tongue. That's when I realized we were being watched by a group of men down the water bank close to the bridge. I guess those were the clients.

"Please, grab your stuff and set up over there as quickly as possible! We've made them wait long enough..." he huffed and pointed to a makeshift set up of folding chairs and a couple of booths with lighted vanity mirrors.

"Sorry, Claude, really we rushed as quickly as we could" I hurriedly whispered to him as Rose and I, practically ran to unpack our supplies.

Out of the corner of my eye, I seen the 4 men that were watching our exchange, start to walk over to the booths at the same time. And.. of course... like an idiot... my heel clutched on to a small crack in the pavement and I went tumbling down as everyone watched!

I heard Rose gasp as she turned around from the vanity and her eyes met mine. I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato, I felt my cheeks burning with fire. I was already late to my big dream celebrity job, leave it to me to fall on my face and make this even More embarrassing!

All these thoughts ran through my head when suddenly I looked up and seen my shoe in the hands of a man I'd never seen before.

"Are you alright there, darling. You took quite a tumble."

He spoke with a smirk on his face and an unmistakable British accent. Wow, what beautiful chocolate eyes.

And I still didn't say anything. Duh. It's me! I sat there starry eyed and gazed at him as he slid my shoe back on my foot while he chuckled. You have got to understand, I'm quite shy around new people. And this man, the way the sunlight hit his brown eyes as he reached his hand out to help me up. His eyes shined to a warm honey color- and I was speechless...

I took his hand in mine and flinched a little at the spark that rolled through my limbs. Maybe this will be my good day, after all.

"What's the matter, Angel. Cat got your tongue?"