23.)Touch My World With Your Fingertips

Freddie:

Driving back to Cherie's house, I felt a hopeful feeling towards the way things were going. I didn't feel the least bit of shame thinking about how I had fallen to my knees in front of her begging for her forgiveness. It was all I could do to convince her how serious I was! The next step would've been basically bending down to kiss her feet like a slave to its master.

I was love sick and quite happy about it at the moment. The content I felt must've finally let my mind move into a relaxed state, because I hadn't noticed my droopy eyelids close while Cherie kept driving.

I woke up to Cherie gently shaking my shoulder. I smiled up at her, relieved that it wasn't all just a dream. We walked in the house and up to her bedroom. Cherie changed into some pajamas and I dug through my luggage to find some comfy pajama bottoms. We silently climbed into bed, we both hadn't said much since driving back.

I laid back on the fluffy pillow under my head and Cherie snuggled herself into my arms. I held her close to me, enjoying this moment completely.

"Goodnight, Freddie...can we just save the rest of our talk for the morning? We're really tired," she said this while rubbing her little bump of a belly.

I smiled and placed my hand over hers. Of course, I had so many questions about the pregnancy. Had she been to the doctors yet? Was everything alright? But, all that could wait for daylight hours.

"Yes, of course, Angel," I said and placed a soft kiss on top her head. "Goodnight, my sweets," I whispered, watching Cherie's eyes flutter shut.

It was only a couple of minutes until Cherie's quiet snores hummed on my chest. I laid awake staring down at her. How beautiful she is..radiantly glowing with the help of our little babe, no doubt. I ran my fingers through her curls and brushed them out gently. She was absolutely stunning tonight. Watching her in amazement as she performed on stage, I'd never get the picture of her strutting her stuff out of my mind, as she held every man in that club within the palm of her hands. I know how lucky I am.

My mind drifted back to the words of the last song. It really was a beautiful tune and she clearly felt an emotion pull to the lyrics. I sighed, thinking of how hurt she must've felt when she wrote them. Probably the same way I had felt when I scratched out the words to HER song...

Not feeling tired anymore, I carefully unwrapped myself from under Cherie and laid her head back on the pillow. I walked to her window and watched the golden hue of the sun beginning to rise. Glancing back at Cherie's sleeping form, I felt nothing but love for this woman. I know I hadn't uttered the words aloud to her, yet. I wasn't entirely sure what love is, but this has to be the feeling. I was born to love her with every single beat of my heart. I was born to take care of her, and now our precious little child, too. I'd dedicate every single day of my life to them.

My thoughts stopped in their tracks and I searched frantically around the room for a pen and paper. I settled for a marker and the back of a notebook and scribbled down the words that expressed the way I felt in that moment. A happy song- for once!

When I was satisfied, I crawled back in bed next to my babies. I placed my hand on Cherie's little belly and bent my head down to place a few small kisses on her skin. I marveled at how the bump protruded a little more now that she laid flat on her back. A smile crept across my face while I rubbed her. I can't wait to see her all big and swollen with my baby inside.

"Freddie?," her sleepy voice groggily called my name. She looked down and smiled at me, a smirk on her lips. "What are you doing?"

I crawled higher on the bed next to her face. "Just introducing myself...lets get some sleep," I whispered.

She giggled and her eyes shut once again. She rolled over in her sleep so her back was now facing me. I stretched my arm around her middle and stopped my hand on her stomach again. I'll never get over feeling the life beneath my fingertips. I started to humm the new song I'd just written before sleep took me in.

"Hmmm was born to love you
Hmm hmmm hmmhmm beat of my heart...,"