46.) I Gave my Heart to You

"Hello?...what? Freddie, I cant understand what your say-"

"Who's kicking you out? Where are you, even?"

"Okay..okay, fine. I'll be right there..,"

I hung up the phone and roll over to see Anita still sleeping somehow. The shrill ringing of my phone woke me up to, I'm guessing a very drunk and disorderly, Freddie Mercury.

Shuffling my feet, I quickly get dressed in whatever clothes I find lying around. Checking my phone again it's nearly 3AM. I leave a note by the front door Incase Anita wakes and sees me gone. Grabbing my keys, I make my way to my car and drive to the bar.

Before I can pull the car aside, I see Freddie in some kind of heated shouting match with another man outside on the sidewalk. I see them start to get physical and I park the car on the side of the road and hop out.

"Fred! Fred! Calm down, mate! Come on!," I'm using all my strength to get him to stop fighting against my hold. It's really too much to keep him back. I've only just woken up from a deep sleep 20 minutes ago! My arms slip from around his slender frame and he swings at the other man and continues to stumble to the ground after landing an impact. I can't intervene fast enough, the other bigger, angry fellow picks Freddie up from the shoulders and upper cuts him on the jaw. Freddie falls backwards to the ground, luckily flailing his arms out around him to keep his head from slamming on the concrete.

"Haha haha! Stay in your lane, faggot!," I shoot the man a deadly look as I move to help Freddie back to his feet. He pretends to lunge at me and I flinch and hover my body protectively over my best friend. The man laughs menacingly and walks back into the bar.

I almost don't recognize the man before me. My best friend is still lying on the ground incoherently mumbling about life and love and 'bullshit' as he calls it. Swooping my arm around him I lift him up to his feet and practically have to drag him to the car.

Once we're both strapped in, I start the drive back home. The piercing sound of a grown man sobbing in pain, makes me swerve into the next lane. I turn the wheel just in time before another car flies by honking its horn at me. Getting back on track, I look over at Freddie, whose hunched form is holding himself together from self destruction.

"It's going to be okay, Fred. We're almost there...," I reach out and rub his shoulder as he shutters with now silent, but seemingly painful sobs.

We arrive at the gate of garden lodge and I punch in the security code through my lowered window. "I don't wanna be here...," Freddie whispered darkly as I turn the car off and get out to walk to his side door.

I open the passenger door, just to have Fred pull it back closed. My mouth opens in disbelief. Is he really going to start on the childish mode of his drunkenness now?

"Freddie....get out...," I whine and try for the door handle again, only to find it now locked. I let out a frustrated groan and rub my hands over my sleepy face.

"Maybe I should just go wake Cherie and she can come and help me get you-"

"N-no. Don't. "

The door pops open and Freddie tries to jump out, but gets tangled in the seatbelt he must've forgotten was on him. Helping him up, once again, he puts his arms around my shoulder and leans on me for support. He smells even worse than the inside of a bar. He smells more like the bar bathroom at this point.

I open the garage door that attaches to the house and keep going until I've got him on the couch. He falls into the cushions with a heavy sigh.

"Thank you, Bri..," he whispers, now in a tired quiet voice. I stay standing over him a while. His chest is working double time, heaving up and down with each ragged breath he takes while lying on his back. I turn him to sleep on his side, Incase he vomits.