37.)Dont Take It Away From Me

Grab your tissues, dearies! Xo

After getting some lunch for me and Cherie I pulled back into my driveway and put the car in park, when I seen another car pull up behind me. I got out and seen Brian, Roger and Deacy piling out.

"What are you guys doing here?," I asked, walking closer to them.

"Geez, what a warm welcome," Roger tutted sarcastically.

"We just came to see how you two are doing..," John spoke up.

"Yeah, Rog and I didn't get a chance to see Cherie at the hospital," Brian added.

I nodded slowly, stepping in Front of them when they went to walk up the front steps. I really need their advice. I explained to them the way Cherie has been acting towards me and how I have no clue how to fix it. They seemed to be just as clueless as I am. All I got was suggestions that I've already tried.

I turned to welcome them into the house, but as I reached for the door I heard a piano begin to play. I look back at the guys confused and they just shrugged their shoulders. Opening the door, I froze up a moment as Cherie's wailing voice filled the air.

I tried to be as quiet as possible as I lead the way to the piano room. Stopping in the doorway, I was instantly captivated by the way she let each word out like a cry for help. I notice right away that the song is obviously all in Spanish. I curse myself for not learning the language in this moment. Never thought I'd need it or want the skill so desperately.

For a second, I thought she'd stop singing when she heard the unmistakable clacks of our shoes on the floor. She didn't, she just kept on going and I felt every single pang of her pain hit my chest from the inside. Her playing and voice are effortlessly expressing her distress.

Has she been feeling as empty as I have? I'm still uncertain of what her words mean, but I can definitely sense the dire sorrow. My heart splits at the thought that she has all this pent up grief. Am I the cause for her feeling this way?

She stops the song and before I can come up with anything to say, she turns to me and I see her face is spritzed with tears. "Wow..," I let out the words with a breathless whisper.

The guys all crowded around her and exchanged their stunned reactions. I hear her giggle- finally, after so many days of unhappiness. I'm not even paying attention to what they're saying. "What does it mean, my love," At once I regret calling her that, but then reassure myself that I should stay true to my own feelings.

She doesn't answer though, instead Brian offers up his little translation of what he caught on to. "A song about..death, I think?," he sounded unsure, but I watched Cherie nods her head at him. She's singing about death? I mean, I knew the song was undoubted a sad one but..why is my Angel singing about death? It's so morbid. Then again, every good song should tap into raw, unfiltered emotions. Still- I don't want her feeling this way.

I stepped closer to her trying to read her body language for a sign that she wants help, or to talk things out or...anything. John makes it a point to leave and Roger follows him out. Brian stays behind to ask Cherie for the song lyrics to analyze and compliments her once again. He offers her studio time to record the tune. Even though, the song breaks my heart, he's right. It should be put on tape.

Everyone's left now and I stay standing over Cherie since she's still sitting on the piano bench. My eyes scan the lyrics that are scribbled in her notebook, "I wish I knew what they meant...," I mumble under my breath. I look to her and see that she's studying my face intently.

She goes to stand on her feet, using the piano for balance. Her legs give out a little and I catch her against my chest before she can even begin to fall. This is the closest we have been in a week. The pleasant feel of her warmth against my body makes me close my eyes to relish in it a moment, until I feel her push away from me.