48.) Screw My Brain Til It Hurts

A/N: lol I took a bunch of screen shots from this concert on YouTube. This pic is my fav 🥵 I think it fits the chapter title perfectly lmao 🤗

I wake up to the sound of Rose stomping around. What time is it? The sun is out and shining through the slits of my window shades.

I get up and walk across the hall to Roses room. Her door is open and she's rummaging around in her suitcase.

"Morning, Cherie. I totally forgot I booked some clients for my first day back- a band.," She informs me while still looking through the growing pile of clothes she's thrown on her bed. A band, huh? Doesn't sound good to me.

"Oh, I thought we'd spend the day together. I guess, I'll find something to do...," She looks up at me now, and studies my eyes.

"I heard you last night...crying..I didn't want to disturb you. I wasn't sure if I should've went in..," She got up and crossed the space between us, giving me a hug.

I hugged her back, but pulled away just as fast. I don't need to cry anymore.

"We can still spend the day together. Just come with me! I'm sure there will be something for you to do..," She tried to persuade me, but I don't need any pushes. I don't want to be trapped in this house, with all the memories that goes along with it.

I go back to my room to get ready. I decide to do my makeup, like I used to. Beat the face to the heavens! I need to conquer the day. I will not continue to let my emotions take over.

"Are you ready?," Rose pops her head in my doorway. I grab my purse and slip on my sandals, following her until we are out the door. The fresh air gives me relief as we walk to the car and get inside. I lower my window all the way down and let my hand feel the warm Cali breeze.

After going out for breakfast, it was time for Rose's appointment. We pulled up to a nightclub and made our way to the entrance. Rose gave her name and dubbed me her assistant, for the guard to let us through.

The band she was hired to spruce, ended up being an all girl band. I helped with the makeup, but mostly they did their own. One of them needed a quick bleach job, which Rose pulled off flawlessly. As well as the hairstyling of the other band members. They were all barely legal and beautiful. They could be models if they wanted.

I felt a little self conscious in this atmosphere. Everyone was already drinking and snorting drugs. I'm hardly mother Teresa, but being pregnant, I just get to sit here and try not to stare. When Rose is done with her masterpieces, she starts to pack up and I get up to help her out.

"The band wants us to stay for the show. What do you think? Are you up for it?,"

"Sure..," I shrug. There's nothing else planned for the day anyway. Plus, I know Rose wants to unwind.

We settle for a couple of bar stools, ridiculous as I might look here, I'm glad it's dark! The place is packed with teenagers with leather or jean jackets, pins and piercings. Girls were walking around dressed as street hookers- cute aesthetic to some I guess. To each their own.

The girls come on stage and explain that they are the opening band for entertainment. Either way, they seem to have a good amount of fans from the sound of the applause. They're pretty good for their age, though I can spot their mishaps. Not as flawless as Queen, but I mean, I've yet to see anyone compare to them. Okay- stop thinking about him!

My feet bounce on the ground to the rhythm of the baseline, Rose orders her third drink and bops her head along to the music.

"They're pretty rad!," she shouts over the loudness and gulps her drink down as if she's just drinking water. I simply nod my head, too lazy to want to shout over the music.