36.)The Weeping Woman

A/N:
Its Cinco de Mayoooo! So everyone enjoy a Modelo with lime! (If you're old enough?) lol idk anyways...I slipped some Spanish into this chapter. Hope no one minds! I was trying to think of an extremely sad sounding song and this one has been in my head since I went to a festival lol. It's also in the Disney movie Coco, if anyone's seen it.. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Anyway, Enjoy!
Xo

It's been 5 whole days since I went and picked up Cherie from the hospital. I've made sure that Phoebe personally provided for her whenever I'm not home. I trusted him to cook for her and really do anything else she asked of him.

It's been pretty tough listening to the two of them get along so well. I mean, normally it wouldn't bother me so much. The thing is, Cherie hasn't said more than a few words to me since she's been here. She thanked me for letting her stay here. Like if that wasn't always the plan. She responds good morning or goodnight if I tell her first. She lets me grab her hand now, but not for too long. She's mostly been sleeping all day and Phoebe says she hardly touches her meals.

I feel bad that she has to stay in bed, but it's under strict doctors orders. I know she doesn't want any harm to come to the babies and so far she's been a good sport about having to stay put. She just doesn't talk to me!!

When she first arrived, I offered to help her up the stairs to my room, but she refused to let me carry her. Phoebe even offered- even though I gave him an unnecessary dirty look, she rejected him as well. She took hold of Phoebes arm, though, and asked him to help her to the guest room that is on the main floor.

Realizing that she must not want to stay in my room, I made sure to set up a tv for her and gave her my blanket hoping it'll make her miss me. Yeah, I'm just coming up with this crap as I go along. She didn't seem to want me near her. Of course, she's not missing me. She won't even say I love you when I tell her. It crushes my soul, to sleep a whole floor above her. Not having her in my arms at night makes sleeping hard to do. Well, at least she's here, though. That's my silver lining and I'm holding onto it.

Today is Sunday and there's no work in the studio. I rang Phoebe and told him he has the day off. I'm staying home all day to look after Cherie. I just hope she doesn't get upset by me being the one to serve her today.

I don't know how to cook much, besides eggs and toast. So I made some and put it on a bed-tray along with some orange juice, a water bottle, and a flower from the bouquet I bought for her.

"Good morning, love," I greeted as I walked into the guest room.

"Morning, Freddie," she replied, trying to reposition herself on the pillows.

I set the breakfast down for her on the bed side table and she quietly mumbled a thank you.

"That reminds me, I forgot that I bought you something.," I walked to the living room that was just down the hall, picking up the pillow, I went back into Cherie's room.

"Veronica suggested it. It's called a pregnancy pillow. It's supposed to be very comfortable..," hesitantly I laid it down on the bed next to her.

"Thank you, Freddie," she replied again in the same monotone voice she reserved just for me. Feeling a bit discouraged I decided it best to let her eat in peace.

I feel like an idiot strolling around my own house, not knowing what to do. I have absolutely no plans for the day besides trying to fix this problem between us. The only thing is, I need to figure out how to get Cherie talking long enough to bring it up.

Or should I just bring it up first? Break the ice, as they say?

I walked into the kitchen to eat the leftover breakfast food and have a cup of tea to settle my nerves. All I have to do is go over what I want to say to her in my head and NOT freeze up when the time comes.