Part 6

Last night was probably the best first date I have ever had. Michael is just such a gentleman and he's really adorable.

I get up at around 11 since it's Sunday and go down for breakfast when I see a familiar face making breakfast. It was my dad.

"Hey Dad, didn't know you were coming."

He turned around and gave me a really tight hug while almost choking me

"Anna Marie Cooper you have no idea how much I've missed you!"

"Yeah sure dad. What's for breakfast?"

"I made your favourite, chocolate chip pancakes"

"Cool. Does mom know you're here or did you just break in?"

I hear footsteps from the hall and see my mother ," Now Anna that's no way to talk to your father. David I see you're well"

"Yes I am Elizabeth thank you"

God I hate this! Every time my father is in town they have this same conversation.

"Well Elizabeth I just wanted to ask if Anna was available for dinner tonight. I want her to meet my girlfriend"

"Wait what dad you have a girlfriend?!"

"Yes honey and she has a daughter your age as well."

"Who is she dad? Who is this girlfriend of yours?"

From the corner of my eyes a I can see my mother giving me a disapproving look

"Well Anna her name is Sarah Simmonds."

I just stood there shocked, jaw hanging open. I was in utter disbelief. My father is dating the mother of my biggest nemesis?! How the hell am I supposed to deal with that?

"Oh...Uhm dad I'm actually not available tonight I already told Val I'd help her with her art project."

"That's okay sweetie we can do this some other time"

"Yeah so I'm just gonna go upstairs now do some studying for a pop quiz on Monday."

---------------------------------------------------

I ran up the stairs 2 at a time, slammed the door shut and just cried. It's bad enough with my father and now he drops this bombshell in my life? I..I don't know what to do or what to say so I texted Michael and asked him if I could go over to his house in the evening since Val didn't really have an art project to work on. Hell she didn't even take art!

I drove over to Michael's place wearing my jammies.

I rang the bell and Mr.Irwin opened the door," Anna what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to meet Michael."

"Do you mean Mr.Clifford?"

"No I mean Michael."

"Wait so you're the student who he's dating?"

"He told you he was dating a student?"

"Well yeah he tells me everything band mates have no secrets. Anyways come in."

I walk in and check out his apartment while Mr.Irwin calls him down. It wasn't huge but the apartment just looked really cozy with all these guitars lying around and stuff.

Finally he comes down. He was wearing his pyjamas and he had a case of severe bed head. In other words he looked really sexy.

"Hey Anna you look sexy" he smiles and gives me a kiss on the cheek

"Wanna go upstairs the boys are going to play FIFA and Ashton's going to watch them do that"

"Cool"

We walk upstairs and enter his room. We both sat down on the bed and he asks,"Is something wrong Anna? You look really upset and your eyes are all puffy. Have you been crying?"

"Maybe"

He came closer and wrapped his arms around me and asked," What's wrong babe?"

I couldn't hold it in anymore I just broke down. I told him everything about my dad and his girlfriend and the dinner I bailed on today.

I pulled back and saw his concerned face and between my sobs said," Aren't you going to say something?"

After I finished my sentence his lips collided with mine and I was in a different world altogether. I kissed back and his hands went up to my waist and mine cupping his face just intensely kissing him.

His hands started to go up my back trying to take my shirt off but I pulled away immediately ,"I can't do this Michael, not today atleast. I just need someone to be there for me right now"

"Anna no matter what happens I'm always going to there for you"

I kissed him again this, time a short one ," Can I stay the night here? I don't want to go back with my dad there"

"Sure as long as we get to sleep in the same bed"

We talked till about 1 in the morning and finally fell asleep. I think I'm falling in love with him