Part - 19

So the weekend of the dreaded dinner arrives. Over the past week Daniel and I seem to have been spending practically everyday together and Michael and I were barely speaking. It's not like I didn't try, I really did. I must have left him a thousand voicemails but damn that boy can hold a grudge!

Coming back to the day of the monstrous dinner I was allowed to bring a date, which I thought was generous and suspicious at the same time. Don't even ask me why I was suspicious. I just was.
Anyways since I don't really have much to do these days I wake up at noon, watch cheesy K-Dramas and well English ones as well on Netflix. I don't bother with going down and socialising with my mother and her newly procured Aussie boyfriend. They make me want to throw up. I just stay in my room counting the days I have left here and just hope I will survive back in Manchester.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the dinner comes closer I finally get out of bed and clean up....kinda.
We were going to some fancy ass French restaurant and as much as I would love to dress up for the occasion (do note the sarcasm) I wasn't interested. Instead I went for the most casual clothes I could find. Blue flannel, ripped skinny jeans, Doc martens and my favourite leather jacket. Subconsciously I think I was trying to make some sort of statement but really I was just feeling lazy.
At about 7:30 my date arrives. Yes, it was Daniel Yong. Who else could I trust to keep me sane? Well there was someone else but well...he was outright ignoring me.
Daniel to my surprise wasn't really dressed for the occasion either. He looked hot anyways. I noticed he had dyed his hair to this weird lavenderish colour, sort of like a much lighter version of mine so we looked like one of those couples who wore matching everything.
We got in Dan's car and headed out towards La Rue (the fancy ass French restaurant). Dan was trying to make small talk with me but I was just not in the mood. He even tried cheering me up with one of my favourite songs ever, Boy in luv by BTS but that wasn't helping either.
We reached the restaurant at 8 when we were supposed to reach at 7:30 and located my dad. He had a partially angry and partially happy expression which kinda looked like he was constipated.
"Anna sweetheart you're here!"
"Yeah dad I had no other choice. It was either this or being shipped off to boarding school, oh wait no I'm being shipped off anyways!"
"Anna...." he says in a gruff tone.
"What? It's true right?"
"Never mind. I would like you to meet my girlfriend Sa.."
"Yeah yeah I know who she is. Can we please just eat and get this day over with."
We all took our places Daniel was sitting between me and Stephanie so I don't rip her head off and my dad was sitting between me and Ms. Simmonds thinking that I would attack her or something.
So dinner went something like this:
Dad: So Anna who's your friend here?
Me: That's Daniel he's a friend from school.
Daniel: Well not just a friend.
Stephanie: Oh definitely not JUST friends.
Me: Shut up Stephanie!
That was just an example of the various attempts of communication among the five of us. After 2 excruciating hours we were done. I got up as fast as I could grabbed my purse, grabbed Dan by his arm and made a figurative run for the door.
Out of nowhere some idiot bumped into the both of us.
Without looking at who it was I started swearing, " You bloody twat watch where you're....."
I pinched myself twice because I couldn't believe he was here with another girl.
"Michael?"
"Anna.."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note:-
Ok I'm so sorry about the huge wait for the update but I've been so busy with school and other stuff. Since it's going to be a really busy month for me I'm going to try updating as frequently as possible. Maybe once in two weeks or something? Anyways hope you guys are enjoying the story :)