Goosebumps

Soft snores escape Dante's mouth as he sleeps peacefully next to me

Soft snores escape Dante's mouth as he sleeps peacefully next to me. I've been awake for about five hours now. Every time I close my eyes, my head fills with millions of thoughts.

Chills run down my spine as I sit up in the bed. The room is incredibly cold. I'm almost scared to remove the sheets. But somehow I manage to drag them off of Dante's body and cover myself with them. When I'm comfortably wrapped in the sheets I stand up and walk around the bed and to the door. I look back at Dante who is still heavily sleeping. I smile to myself and close the door behind me.

I walk down the elegant marble stairs carefully not to trip. The full moon is shining through the windows in the kitchen. It's beautiful. I open the fridge and find an ice cold water bottle.

I turn around and place the bottle on the kitchen island. The island is facing the living room where you can see the backyard through big windows. I open the bottle and take a sip. I close my eyes as the cold water basically hurts my throat. I close the bottle again and throw it into the fridge again.

When i turn My head towards the living room again i can feel a cold breeze coming from somewhere. I furrow my eyebrows and hug myself closer with the sheet.

This means that there is some door or window open. But I was so sure that I closed all doors and windows before going to bed.

I can feel my blood turn cold as I realize this. There must be a door open.

I take slow steps towards the back door. It isn't visible from where I'm standing so I have to walk around the corner. I stop before I turn the corner and think to myself.

Arabella what if there is a person there? Go get Dante. This is how people die in scary movies.

I brush off the thought of waking up Dante, he'll just be grumpy all day tomorrow if I scare him with this. There's obviously nobody in the house.

It takes a surprisingly big amount of courage to just stick my head into the hallway. I scan the hallway and there is indeed nobody here just as I thought. I was just about to turn around and go upstairs again when I realized something. The back door was open all the way. Not even a little bit like it could've been an accident. No the door was open wide. This was definitely intentional.

That's when I hear a loud thump coming from the kitchen. Chills run down my spine as my body becomes numb from fear. There is someone in the kitchen. This theory is now confirmed as I look at a pretty tall mans back. The person is opening every cabinet like he's looking for something. I can't tell if it's Dante or not, but I'm not about to check.

I back slowly out of the living room and into the hallway again. I can't go upstairs to get Dante because then I'd have to go through the kitchen.

Stop being a baby, this is probably just Dante.

I try my best to convince myself that this is just Dante. But I still decide to call him just in case. I press his contact and the phone begins to call.