Butterflies

My eyes are clued to the TV screen as the news show video footage of Thierry being beat up. The news lady tells the story of what happened and I am speechless. Who would do such a thing. The footage shows the tall attacker pick up something. It's blurred out so I can't see what it is but when Thierry looks at it, he throws up. I can't even imagine what it is.

"The police were looking into it as..." The news lady continues to talk about the attack. I turn my head towards April who is asleep beside me, after all it's 2 in the morning. My eyes travel from April and towards the kitchen windows. I sit there quietly as I admire the view of Los Angeles. I really need to get away from this place for a while. Maybe I should go visit Dimitri, Celeste and little Chiara in New York. That'd be kind of fun. After all, Dante's ignoring me. He probably isn't even thinking of me, he doesn't really care lately. We haven't even gotten married yet.

"It seems that the police have a main suspect. He has been talked about a lot recently in the media, for example he was rumored to be dating singer Arabella Valentino."

My name is enough to bring my attention to the screen again. A large photo of Dante appears on the screen. Then two pictures appear, comparing the tattoo on Dante's hand to the guy's on the surveillance footage. They're the same. My hand reaches shakily for my phone as I press Dante's contact.

Ring...ring...ring...ring...ring..

Yes?

H-hi Dante?

Mia Bella.

Uh where are you?

I'm in trouble baby.

Yes I know, where the hell are you!

I'm on my way, I'll see you soon. I can't really talk. The feds.

What no-

I feel my stomach starting to twist as I pinch my nose, trying to suppress the feeling of having to puke. I walk slowly towards the stairs and up them. My feet carry me to the bedroom, as my hands close the door behind me. I begin to feel sick as my body starts shaking. I sit down on the bed, trying my hardest not to puke.

My stomach starts calming down and the shaking starts to stop. I breathe in and out, relieved that I was able to suppress the nausea. As I lie down, my body screams sike as I feel the intense feeling of vomit trying to exit my throat. I get up as quickly as I can and run straight for the bathroom. I make it as my dinner exits my body and onto the toilet. It takes a while before it stops. I restlessly sit down beside the toilet, my back against the bathtub. A large person sits down beside me against the tub. "Take the test baby."

I look up at the person, to see Dante genuinely smiling down at me. He is wearing a black hoodie. It's dirty, there is grey dust and red stains all over it. A wave of happiness enters my body as I jump into his arms. I sit on his lap, giving him kisses all over his face.

"Babyimsosorry, it was Thierry I promise hewasjustanassholeandkissedme I swea-" I begin but I'm cut off by Dante

"Babyimsosorry, it was Thierry I promise hewasjustanassholeandkissedme I swea-" I begin but I'm cut off by Dante. "I know. I trust you baby."

His happy face expression turns serious as he brings his hands up to my face. He is holding a pregnancy test towards me. He looks at my eyes and down at the test, signaling me to take it out of his warm hands. I bring my arm up to the test and take it from him. He gives me a reassuring smile as he stands up, with me still in his arms. He lets go of me and my feet land onto the ground. I look up at him once again, again he nods in reassurance.

The wait for the pregnancy test to show the result, was the most terrifying moment of my life. I hold the blue and white stick in between my fingers as I stomp my feet nervously onto the ground. After a while it makes a "bip" sound and my heart stops. I just cannot bring my eyes to the test. This test might change my whole life.

I finally get the courage to look down. I read what it says and at that moment the world stands still. The planes stop flying, the birds stop chirping, and the grass stops growing. It's just the test and I. My breath becomes heavier. I don't know if I'm happy or sad. It's a weird feeling. Suddenly my body fills with warmth and butterflies start appearing in my stomach. This is it.

"Pregnant"