Chapter 11- More Mafia Men

Okay, so I had three options at that moment of what I could do.

1. Run. Just turn around and run anywhere but there. Because I know this would be a disaster.

2.Walk bravely through the hall and pretend to be normal with their presence.

3. Run. Very fast.Be an invisible person in a second.

As much as 1st and 3rd were my favourite, I knew it was impossible to even walk without support, thanks to my tripped leg.

And a coward that I am, I seriously cannot act normal with so many people in there. So many mafia people in there.

Gosh, saying that word gives me goosebumps.

Seriously.

Why the hell did Ryan not tell me about these people inside. Waiting for me to get killed? Yeah.
Just then I remembered Tony's words yesterday.

But your house is already full with people. Where you'll let her stay?

This is what he meant to say that time. That the mansion is full of people who can even make me pee in my pants.

So the only option I have now is to take deep breaths.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe-

Rose, focus on all people standing here rather than inhaling oxygen.

Wrong timing!

Slowly , steadily, taking deep breaths, I met everyone's gaze.

The people were normally of my age and older as I took in their faces. And the worst part-

Why the hell are they staring at me as if I am an alien from another planet? Did I grow thorns on my head?

Not possible.

Of course I don't have lettuce stuck in my teeth, do I?
Who am I kidding, I haven't eaten since a long time.

Before I could think about something else, I felt someone's hand on my back as Ryan led me to the middle of the living room. They were all seated in a couch.

I took small steps as much as I could. But what caught my attention was Ella, Joe and Evan seated on one of the couches. Ella and Joe looked at me but Evan kept his head down . As if he couldn't just meet my gaze. He was continuously fidgeting with his fingers. One thing I know he did when he is nervous.

Well, he didn't have the courage to even face me while I was here. Can't say I miss him a lot.

I teared my gaze away from Evan with still tears in my eyes not willing to come out as someone called my name.

"You..you must be Rose?"

I looked around to see a blonde boy of approximate my age leaning against the wall as he asked me. He had a fair skin with deep jawline and sharp eyebrows. The twinkle in his eyes reminded me of some naughtiness but he looked welcoming as he smiled at me warmly.

But Ryan answered for me.
"Yeah, George, she is Rose. " He answered calmly.

A straight haired girl offered me to take a seat besides her and I was still nervous but took it.

"Hey, I am bonnie. Nice to meet you." She offered me her hand.

I hesitated a little but took it. It really really eased my nervousness.