Chapter 35- A glimpse of Mafia Life

Throughout my whole life, I was said that I had one of the most unique eye colours. If I said that I was just an unknown nerd at the school, I would be lying because I was actually the girls football team captain. So I was pretty known.

But the students actually loved my eyes more. They were cool deep blue with spots of some green and white. But the blue was very deep and light

That is why right now, when I saw the same pair of eyes staring at me, I was shocked and overwhelmed.

He had the same eyes at me. The same ones.

Literally.

I looked with wide eyes from Ryan to that man and back and forth and opened my mouth but shut it again.

The man looked shocked to see me and looked at me with.. Warmth?

I dont know.

"Hey, Richard. You came in the right moment. Come in. Come in. " Ryan actually called him sweetly which is quite a surprise because obviously he wasn't the same comfy with other members.

And by the appearance of the man, I bet he was a gang member.

"Oh, hey. Ryan. -"

He actually called him Ryan and not Boss.

" I did not know you had company. I.. could come later? "All the while he talked, his eyes were on me. But I did not feel weird vibes from him. He seemed to be familiar.

" Oh, no. I actually called you so you could meet her. Rose, this is Richard, I can say, the only one who helped me through all of this. He is the part of the mafia. And, one of my advisors.
And Richard, meet-"

"Rose. Of course. I know. " Richard cut off in between.

"You know me? " I asked Richard confused. I was utterly astonished.

He just gave me a small smile. "It feels like I have known you since forever.
Ryan talks so much about-"

"No I don't, thank you so much. " Ryan said embarrassingly.

"Oh you do, Ryan. " Richard told.

"Oh, I don't. Richard. " Ryan told again.

"Oh you actually don't know how to lie, Ryan. " I mimicked him. Nevertheless, I earned a glare from him.

Richard let out a deep laugh.
"At last I get to meet my lady mafia who keeps my boss on toes.. I see why he is so head over heels for you. You are gorgeous. " He said softly.

I chose to ignore the lady mafia comment.

I turned towards Ryan who had his hands folded over his chest and leaned on the table watching us quietly with a soft smile.

"Just my mere luck. " That was all Ryan chose to say.

"And I was surprised why would you order Chinese. I mean, you never ate that."
That is when I eyed the Chinese food in Richards hands and my stomach grumbled loudly.

Like very loudly.

You know, that embarrassing loud. Yeah. That.

Ughh.

I face palmed myself while Richard looked amused and Ryan guffawed in laughter. "This is why I asked you to bring this. " Ryan stated patting my stomach while I shooed him away. My stomach grumbled even more louder again and he just chose to laugh even louder and give a kiss on my cheek where I could feel tingy. He winked at me from the corner of his eyes. I chose to ignore that tease and I turned towards Richard and saw him looking at us with a smile.