1

Naruto sat in the small apartment, he had acquired it through the third hokage, thinking. He would start the academy soon and be placed along side his peers.

He tried to stay away from people in general, only going into town every so often to shop. People didn't like him, no matter how nice he would be. He couldn't explain it, didn't know why everyone hated him, but he couldn't really do anything for it.

A knock sounded on the door and Naruto got up to answer it.

"Who is it?" Naruto called, his voice small and hesitant.

"Its me Naruto" an old weary voice sounded and a smile lit up the small blondes face. He threw open the door and grabbed ahold of the old kage.

"Jii!" He shouted in joy causing the old man to chuckle.

"Naruto" he said and hugged the boy back.
They went to the small couch, that for now served as Naruto's temperay bed, and sat down. 

"So Naruto, are you ready to start the academy?" Naruto shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know Jii" he said and twittered his fingers in his shirt.

"And why is that? I thought you were excited to start?" Naruto shook his head.

"I was Jii, but what if they make fun of me? Jii I'm scared." Naruto shook and gazed up at the old kage.

"You will be fine naruto, just be yourself and you will be fine. Now then, I came here to give you something" the saritobi said and pulled out a package handing it to the boy who took it with eager hands. He tore at the packaging before opening it a grin lit up his face.

"Jii, I can't belive it!" He cried as he looked at the new clothes he had just received. There was some anbu issued pants as well as a few dark tee-shirts, and some sandals, but the best thing about it was they were all new, not hand me downs.

"Some new clothes for your new school year" the old kage said as he got up. Naruto looked up after him.

"Where are you going Jii?" Naruto asked, his voice concerned.

"I have alot of work to do, so I got to get back to my office. Goodbye Naruto, I hope you have fun in the academy" and then he disappeared.

Naruto's head hung in disappointment. He never stayed long when he visited. He looked over his clothes for a while before he made a move to put them up in his small closet.

And so for awhile, he just sat on his couch and though about attending the academy in just a few days. Maybe he would find some friends.  Just Maybe.

Night fell of the great village hidden in the leaves. A young raven haired uchiha stepped into his home in the uchiha compound greeting his mother and father. Itachi, his older brother, was out on a mission.

His mother apeared out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a hand towel.

"How was your day Sasuke?" She asked and his face lit up with excitement.

"I went to a park today and got to swing on the swing set and then I climbed a tree, higher than anyone else, all by my self!" The young uchiha exclaimed, pride radiating from him in waves.

"Good job!" The mother praised as she started to walk back into the kitchen.
"Go wash up, supper is going to be done soon" she said and Sasuke nodded his head in compliment before setting off to do the task given to him.

"The academy starts in two more days, right mom?" Sasuke questioned around a bite of his rice.

"Yes, are you excited?" She questioned him and he nodded, a content smile on his face.

"Are you and dad coming to the opening ceremony?"

"We should be there, and if not we will make sure your brother will be there, alright?" The older uchiha questioned and Sasuke nodded his head.

Two days had passed and suddenly the opening ceremony had begun. Many new children ran around, hysterical at the fact of becoming shinobi. Other older students strode in, confidence radiating off of them.

All the children were here with family members, all except for one. The young blonde uzamaki sat on a small swing that sat outside the academy watching all the children react with their family. He wished to have something like that one day. He shook his head, a tear slipping by.

Sasuke's parents were able to come as well as his older brother. Finnally the door opened and they were able to go inside to explore.

He looked around to all the new students. No one really stood out. A kid with red triangles and a dog on his head approached the raven with a smirk.

"So who are you?" He questioned.

"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first?" Sasuke asked and the boy shook his head.

"I asked you first" he said stubbornly, causing the uchiha to release a frustrated sigh before walking away.

"H-hey wait you didn't tell be your name!" The boy called but it fell on deaf ears.

Finally all the children were sat down in a classroom and all the family members left. A teacher walked in and all the chattering stopped.

"I am your teacher these first few years, then after me you will have another one for the rest of your time here. Now my name is hohi, or hohi sensei to all of you, understood?" There were several nods, a few shouted 'yes hohi sensei' and others said it calmly.

"Alright now that you know who I am, please go through the rows and call out your name so I can match face to name" the sensei called and pointed to the first person on the first row.

"My name is Kiba Inuzuka"

"Shikamaru Nara"

"H-hin-ata Hyuuga"

"Sasuke Uchiha"

"Sakura Haruno"

And so they went each calling out their names until it was down to a certain blonde.
He was hesitant, worry starting to flicker onto his face.

"My name is Naruto Uzamaki"
He was finally able to push out. He watched for reactions. The teacher was the most horreduios one.

He looked really mad and his face went all red, but looking around at the student, most had looks of disgust and hate. All except for Hinata, Sasuke, Shikamaru and Chojji.

They all pretty much had neutral looks. The teacher cleared his throat and everyone looked back at him. And so started the first day at the academy.