Chapter-18-Angelina

Chapter - 18

Angelina

Dark Sides!

I look at him more closely almost imagining myself to dive in his deep dark thoughts and know what the reality is. Even listening to his ultra-confident voice, I have my doubts.

How can I forget his games?

What he did to Carl. And me.

How can I avoid his manipulative ways?

But he talked to Gracia who I have known disliked him but hate him? Why?

She sounded real skeptical and full of hatred. Surprisingly is she feels the same about me. Does she even know me? Have we ever met?

No. Ethan wants me to fall on my knees. He wants me to beg him but the proposal? It's too much if I get the same.

In no way, I could make it even in five years tops. And Liam? He needs it. I should do it. If he lets me go later then I will have so much for my brother. He will be back to me.

But.

Can you fall into this Angie? Can you accept a man like Ethan Ellsworth?

I look at his face with full of confidence. Somehow I know he is telling the truth.

My parents did sell me to someone. That's why they were hell-bent on sending me away from the country. Now I can piece things together. That's why I didn't get to know the reasons for the fall of Hawthorne's in business. It was sudden. They did things they shouldn't have but Ethan he couldn't be a saint.

He is still hiding something. Or maybe twisting it to his profit.

"I hate you."

"Apart from this hate for me. You have Liam. You will get a whole life back after marrying me. Your house. Liam's education fund. Your company. Plus I said we can separate if we don't work out. What else would you want?" He ignites me and I concentrate on what I could get rather than what I will lose. My life. To Ethan.

"Don't you listen to me. I don't trust you." I hiss at him.

" Take all your time before the sky falls down." He says finally closing the last thread of his cobweb. Well, that's what he says when he gets his path to anything. I am sure if I agree with it, I am going to listen to this then.

I stand up, undecided as to what I am to do. First a background check. How am I going to do it though?

Talk to Gracia myself?

What if I can get myself out of this situation?

"Yes. I will take some time to think about your proposal." I say.

He stands and looks at me in the eye. A small smile creeps in his face and I don't like it. I don't want to listen to him right now but I have to.

"Are you thinking to talk yourself out from this situation Angel? With Gracia?" He asks. I am thrilled with the seriousness of this voice. It isn't a skeptic.

"That's not your thinking to do," I say confidently.

"I guess it's all my thinking to do. Gracia is just as unstable as Nicole is these days. You don't want to tackle a mother with a dark history. You are so innocent to read and understand people Angel." He says and I stupidly confirm him by laughing at the last part.

This act of mine gives me confirmation that I am an utterly stupid and immature woman.

" Ethan doesn't child me. At least that what I am sure you are not good at. "I say and turn on my heels with all the heaviness in my heart.