Chapter - 20- Ryan

Chapter - 20

Take it or leave it?!
So I will take it and leave.

Ryan

"I killed someone."

Oh yes, I did.

And it's the most part that I am here.

"You killed someone." She just repeats it and stares me for a while. I give her time to process it, then react to it. More accurately I am waiting for her to run to the hills screaming.

"You killed somebody?" She almost laughs and waits for me to say, "boom! jokes on you."

But I don't.

She stares me blankly.

"I don't know what to say. Did you really murder someone? Are cops after you? Are you running from them?"

Not the outcome I expected. She isn't running away.

"Yes, that's what England government will say if they found about it," I say.

She shakes her head as if it were a normal day to day thing. I am highly surprised. I wonder how Miranda would have reacted. Then again we were only physical and our relationship was mostly materialistic. And so it ended soon.

" What's your side of the story?" She asks.

Now I can't hide my surprise so I laugh lightly. She narrows her eyes.

"So are you kidding me? Is this all joke?" She yells.

"No. No, it's not." I say to calm her.

"I am just surprised that you are still standing before me. I hoped you would run away. Why? Aren't you afraid?"

She purses her lips and sighs heavily. Her eyes dart my shoes. I look down at it. I have cheese on it. Ignoring it I look at her back.

"I don't know why. Maybe I have seen all those tv shows where royal families do horrible things for power so you killing someone for your own safety justify it. Or I am a. Stupid person. I don't know." I bring all my strength to stop myself laughing at it. Not because I don't agree with her, it's because how can a person even think like this in this state. I still wonder Bout the hills she should run. Whatever the reasons I had killed someone.

"Or maybe yesterday I found out what my parents did. I guess you might have a reason for that. After being rich you are here working under someone 9 to 5. It's speaking to me."

We both stare at each other. My thoughts now questioning my ethics, my whole life.

If I had been in that situation would I have run away from all that property?

I always had the thought to run away from the chaos but something stopped until I accidentally killed a person and had to run away?

Does it mean the thing stopping me was all that money?

Does it mean that I am nothing but opportunists and if a found a way I would kill again?

I don't know.

"Ryan." She brings me back to earth. Her expressions tell how much she was in a confusing situation she is in. And is she confiding in me to get her past this?

"I want to be a good man Angie. I really do but this world is very cruel. Whatever I might be, it doesn't matter but I will help you out and help you get back what you lost. You brother. Your property. The name. Or. Maybe love."