Chapter - 36-Angelina

The pictures above are to show how Diwali Festival is celebrated. Happy Diwali ❤️✨

Chapter- 36
___ 

Grace in Life.

___ 

Angelina

____

Grace is scary but a lady with a refined and engaging style. Just as I look at her, I get conscious. Conscious of how unconfident, uncomfortable, and uninteresting woman I am. Being in her fifties, she is still taking the stage. I am literally gawking at her and probably she is noticing it, that's why the smirk.

"Angelina, darling." She smiles at me, far too much and that gets creepy after a while. She stops and stares at me and that is scary.

I look around and think of Ethan. Why did he leave me all alone?

"Mom... Hii." I say still unsure if I should refer to that. Ethan had always been ugly when it comes to her.

"Oh sweetheart, such a heart. Come here, sit next to me." She bellows and gives me a light hug.

I gulp begore crossing the thick shining mahogany tea table and sitting on the sofa next to her. She squeezes her eyes and smiles at me. Damn, creepy.

"Thank you." I say to fill in the gap. "you are kind too."

"Me? Ethan thinks differently." She says taking her cup of tea.

"Yeah... Yeah, he does."

"Why do you think so he calls me an evil bitch, sweetie?" my breathing just stops right there. I am not sure how to cope up with that question. I wait for her to change the question or laugh it off but she sounds pretty serious.

"Amm... I am not sure. He does not tell me much." I but my tongue.

Dammmit, Ethan was very clear. Sit, listen to her, sign the papers if need be, and exit. Do not engage in a conversation. That's how it should be like.

"Oh, I know. That's why I am here. I won't give you a heads up." She says.

Do not engage in conversation. She just messes with innocent heads, Angel. Get out and come to me soon, baby.

I ignore Ethan's voice in my head and say, "About what?"

"The big-name Ellsworth's."

"Okay."

"See, when I married Alfred, I did not know things. The dark secrets that he held. And I got caught up. Trust me there is no way out for me."

Seriously?

"You forced Ethan to marry me and that's what Ethan's proposal was for me, kind of drafted by you. Now you are giving me a heads up?!" I exclaim at her. My head comes to its conclusion. Ethan is right, she plays.

"Maybe. I had to."

Oh wow. "so why warn me? And why you wanted him to marry me anyway? Because my parents broke the deal and did not marry me off to your son, Nicole? Is that all the games with me and Ethan about it? "

" Calm down there, lady." She calls, "Ethan didn't want to marry you and loved you so I wanted to put him on your leash. Turns out something has started to brew between you two. And as for you, lady, you have been a trouble for me for so damn long. To save your dumb ass, my son was sacrificed in the crossfire. I will do anything to make his life's a living hell. I might be lenient with you."