Chapter - 28 - Ryan

Chapter - 28

◾◾

Surprises of life.

◾◾

Ryan

◾◾

"You cannot do this to me after bringing me here, Ryan. whatever I am but I don't deserve this." Angie breaks before me and I couldn't console her. I have to do it. For her own safety.

Arthur was right. Arthur is always right. He knew sooner or later I will do this. After many years away from my past, I started to believe I can move on. When I first saw Angel, it was just a connection with the dullness of her beautiful face. Archer had newly appointed her just after she got off the college. I was intrigued by how she got into this firm just like that. Later I found her father was Archers' best friend. Still, she was good at what she does. No doubt, she was hardworking and deserved her position. But it wasn't that but the sadness in her face called me. Sadly, she was still bound to the shark, Ethan Ellsworth even after the publicized breakup. And showcasing her introvert attitude, she signaled everyone 'I am not available for any kind of commitment ' whoever approached her.

Though with time I moved on and dated other women and them Miranda before I, finally found Angie so available for me. We connected. It is deep. I can tell it is. Because I am ready to leave her for her own safety. Because Arthur was right.

Man with my past can only dream of flower and butterflies, living in it for real is far.

"Look at me. I ask you to look at me." She yells. I look at her wounded face. Her teary eyes and a broken heart.

"I am sorry, Angel," I say clearly but slowly. I really mean it.

"Sorry? Ryan, sorry?" She scoffs at me.

"How about I take this knife, stan you, twist it inside you, and then say sorry?" She held the knife in her hand and points it at me with her shaking hand. I am thrilled at the clarity of her words even at this moment. Angelina is a strong woman yet not so strong to bear the consequences of being mine. Crypt will never let us breathe and I can't force Angie into all this.

" I am sorry," I repeat.

She closes her eyes and exhales a breath. The knife clutter on the linoleum floor. She is so hurt to do anything. When she peers me, it almost works like a knife twisted my guts. Just the way my sorry is going to her.

"Why?" She asks again.

"It's too dangerous for you. You don't deserve a man like me, Angie. You deserve happiness. " I say.

She scoffs again.

"At least Ethan holds to what he says. He had the courage to tell me the truth. Unlike you, Ryan. You are no different than others. Good luck, your Highness."

She turns and leaves with as much respect and strength that she entered this room with. I would never forget the concern she held for me when she shared her bitter day, tied up and interrogated, at crypt international.

" You did right, Ryan."

I look at Arthur's apprehensive smile. He didn't like Angie as a girlfriend for me. I can tell he is too happy about it. But I know I did right. I can't make her suffer.

"It feels like saving her from one lion mouth and then throwing into another," I say. I know Angie will go straight to him. And why not? In her vulnerable state, he was be standing with her. While k was out doing my business when she got kidnapped. And I had no idea about it until a few hours ago when I returned.