Living In Hell

Jennie hadn't kept long in the stall. She didn't want to also be dubbed as that mysterious crying chick in the last stall. Anyways, it didn't feel all that private here, what with several girls constantly filing in and out of the restroom to check their hair and makeup, or chatter to one another about their dates. Useless information that Jennie could definitely live without, but would have to wait and listen through until they would leave.

And, finally, after an agonizing ten minutes, the last group of girls left and gave the blonde enough free time to get the hell out of Dodge. She had made sure whatever makeup she had on was gone and exited the bathroom with enough haste to put a Cheetah to shame.

Now, the next task at hand was to get past her parents' questioning and any risk of them noticing her puffy eyes. Perhaps, if she were to walk slowly enough, the swelling would go down and she could avoid such problems. But, it was just her luck as she stepped outside and could feel the familiar pull on her eyes with a blur in her vision.

Just walk quickly, she advised herself, walking as fast as her legs could carry her. The happenings of tonight were all too much for the blonde. Her idiocy and Mino's goddamn persistence were enough to tip her over the edge and hurt not just one, but two, people in the process. Why did she ever allow him the satisfaction of believing that he had won her over? And why hadn't he accepted what she had said?

Was he really just so dense, or did he not believe her?

Whatever the reason for his actions, Jennie could not forgive him. Those very actions had hurt the person that the blonde had cared for the most and, worst yet, resulted in something that may never be fixed.

But maybe that was just Jennie's overemotional mind speaking at the moment. All Jisoo needed was time, and the older woman had said so herself. The blonde could understand that, but she still wished that Jisoo had at least listened to what she had to say. She was so quick to reject any excuse that Jennie had tried so desperately to utilize, which had wounded her so deeply. Why would she do that? Why wouldn't she listen?

Jisoo was always the most reasonable. Of course, she was the oldest of the couple and should have at least known better to at least accept what the blonde had to say to defend herself. But she didn't. And she just left, never returning that 'I love you' that Jennie had tried so hard to pour every ounce of her emotions into. She truly loved that woman, and it had only grown every minute they spent together.

But the way that she had never dared to say anything back... The way that she didn't want to listen to what Jennie had to say... The way that she just rejected her arose many questions that the blonde wasn't so sure that she wanted answered. They made her heart just ache and squeeze in her chest so painfully. It was like a thousand needles pressing into her, pinning her to the harsh realities of life and the true meaning of heartbreak.

It hadn't even been an hour since, but that was enough to feel like a lifetime. It was enough to bring the blonde's entire world around her, crashing, breaking at her feet. Short memories clouding her mind, both significant and not, playing on repeat. Each a turning point in their relationship, that Jennie had dubbed to be rather major.

Meeting Jisoo was the first. Then their first lunch. Their first real talk. The first time that Jisoo had brought Jennie home, and the events beforehand in the diner. Their first kiss, that special night in the Mercedes, parked in front of her apartment. The first time she had ever gone to Jisoo's, and their first date there. And then the trip to Boston and every special event that happened there; their first time being the one that stuck in Jennie's head the longest.

Especially when they first said-

"Honey, what's wrong? You look like you've been crying." Minjee's voice pulled Jennie from her thoughts. The blonde hadn't even realized that she had made her way upstairs and into the apartment until she took a good look around. It was like she hadn't noticed that she had stopped crying, and a while ago, too, telling by the dried tears on her face. It wasn't like she had cared, anyways.