Unexpected Surprise

"Relationship is about trust. If you have to play detective then its time for you to move on"

Just fucking trust me babe.

topsoo7 @ ur service

"Since when do you bring beverages to school?" Chaeyoung asked as Jennie spotted the chair next to her, setting her bag on the floor and the stolen cup of Kim Jisoo's coffee at the corner of her desk.

She plopped down into the desk seat and gave her brunette friend a wry look. "Since I felt like it."

"Whatever you say," the brunette rolled her eyes, returning the look before setting a reading book on the corner of her desk. There was still a few minutes before the bell rang, since they gave extra time in the passing period for restroom breaks and the like.

Jennie sighed softly and grabbed the paper cup to take a sip, her eyes flittering closed as the lukewarm liquid slid down her throat- sweet and spiced with cinnamon. She wondered why Jisoo took her coffee this way. But, of course, who was she to judge when she had it on her hot cocoa? Besides, cinnamon was good for your heart, or so she was told. She loved the stuff, so why should she protest? It was free coffee after all.

When the blonde looked up after setting the cup down, she noticed Chaeyoung watching her. "Did you get your cinnamon cocoa to go?"

"Why are you so obsessed with what I have in that cup?"

"I'm not obsessed. Just curious." The brunette shrugged. "You don't have to tell me, I guess."

"I won't." Jennie smirked. She knew how curious the bookworm got when she was not told what she wanted to know. It would bug Chaeyoung probably to the point of taking drastic measures. Or by taking the blonde's paper cup to give it a whiff before setting it back down.

"Cinnamon," she nodded. "Go figure, Ms. Cinnamon Freak."

"Excuse me if I like cinnamon in my coffee and cocoa." Jennie defended, the bell ringing as she took the cup to hold close with a scowl on her face. Was it such a shame to like a little bit of cinnamon in her beverages? She knew that not many people shared her opinion, but that didn't mean she needed to be judged about it.

Though, it was a rather funny thing when she first arrived here in Storybrooke to move in with the Ims. They had taken her to Lisa's diner on her first day with them and introduced her to the perfect cocoa with the cinnamon on top. Minjee had ordered it, piquing the blonde's interest when she noticed the dusty sprinkles of the spice on the whipped cream. Curiously, she had asked the pixie-haired brunette if she always enjoyed her cocoa with cinnamon, making a comment that she, too, had enjoyed it that way. That was how they had broken the ice after a long, awkward hour beforehand.

After that, the three of them had easily talked idly with one another, since Jennie was unwilling to answer any questions about her past that they had thrown at her. She was always a closed-up girl, and it was hard to break down the walls that she built up around herself. Why should she have believed that they would keep her when all the other foster families had sent her back within a year's time? What would be the use of opening up to a couple of people when they would probably just betray her in the end like everyone else?

But she had been too quick to judge and oh so wrong. These people were genuine. They were sweet, kind, caring, and they were  concerned with the erected walls around Jennie that she hid behind every moment of the day. It had taken months for them to finally pull loose a brick and gain some information from the blonde, and what they had learned barely skimmed the surface of the vast ocean of secrets that she kept.