The Greater Plan

Warning for guns, abuse and death

-------

Life after that day seemed to fly by faster than the blonde had seemed to anticipate. Her fun summer of freedom was slipping through her fingers as she progressed further into adulthood. And it hadn't helped that she spent those weeks packing up the life that she had slowly blossomed and had become used to so she could bloom in a larger garden as she set out to create a new one. Beautiful and frightening it was to set off into the real world, large and fast paced. Her first steps would be wobbly, no doubt, as a young toddler taking her first steps. But she would grow stronger. She could grow onto the new life as she had with the past one.

She would flourish with Jisoo by her side, acting as her miracle grow.

That woman was her rock, sticking by her through the ups and downs of her roller coaster life. Even the awkward middle when Jennie had admitted to Daejung's knowledge of them with a blurted, "Daejung found out about us."

Jisoo had turned almost as pale as Jennie when the words had registered. The blonde hadn't known if she were going to vomit or faint. But neither had happened. Instead, the brunette had ended up taking a seat on the bed, coffee eyes wide.

"Did you tell him?" She had finally mumbled, voice strained.

"He saw us, and there was no getting around. He knows everything, now." Jennie elaborated as she had joined the brunette, sitting both literally and metaphorically on the edge of her seat.

It had taken quite a while for Jisoo to process this just as Daejung had when Jennie had spoken to him. The older woman sat there, leaving the bedroom void of all noises aside from their unsteady breaths. Jisoo's was quick as anxiety struck, her thoughts a whirlwind of emotion as she had attempted to take in what was told to her. Jennie's heart rate had quickened, leaving her almost breathless as she tried to remove herself from the fretful atmosphere that had suddenly gripped her. She had absolutely no idea of how the brunette teacher would even come to terms with this new information, or how she would react towards it.

But then the silence was eventually broken as Jisoo had grown enough courage to inquire further about the discussion. Jennie had warily answered each question, reassuring every so often that Daejung was a trustworthy man and would keep their secret to himself. Jisoo still hadn't seemed convinced, but she had calmed enough to accept the words for the moment.

Over time, she had become comfortable with Daejung's knowledge and had even embraced it when it came to certain things. Things that Jennie had suggested such as Daejung being help when it came to Minhyeon. Though, that had aroused panic within the brunette teacher as she had nearly bit her young lover's head off about telling Daejung.

"He doesn't know!" Jennie had flung her hands in the air, eyes wide at the scary vein that popped angrily out of Jisoo's forehead. "I wasn't going to say anything until I talked to you. I know how he can be and he'd probably hunt her ass down, wherever the hell she is."

"Good." Jisoo had merely nodded and that had ended the conversation. She had neither said a positive nor negative thing about releasing any new information to Jennie's foster father.

Her silence was insinuation enough to keep the blonde quiet for the rest of the night to eventually forget about it.

Jennie had forgotten about it, weeks later as the final day of June turned up on their calendar. Her mind was occupied otherwise and the thought of Minhyeon or Daejung had escaped her mind as both she and Jisoo had prepared for their move to Boston. The house was mostly packed up by then, filled with boxes in empty rooms and the furniture that lay amongst them.