Prologue To A Greater Plan

"Coz you are insatiable"

I love you baby so much
topsoo7 @ ur service

NEW YORK, NEW YORK: THREE MONTHS LATER

Minhyeon dropped the small device that she had been holding onto the opposite side of her mattress, a satisfied smirk spread widely across her lips. The lawyer sat there, very nearly staring at the wall in front of her as she thought back to the conversation that she had ended just mere moments ago.

That had been a phone call that the woman had been looking forward to for months. It was the phone call that had linked her to her daughter and the brunette teacher's standing within the school.

"What has got you smiling?" A crisp, English accent brought Minhyeon's attention to her bedroom's doorway to spot her auburn haired daughter.

Instead of the normal bite that she would usually snap at her eldest daughter, the brunette lawyer remained with that same smirk on her face as she shifted on the bed, dropping the leg that had been under her onto the floor when she moved to stand.

"I just got off the phone with a man that I had been waiting to hear from for months."

"Did you finally land yourself a date, Mother?" Sookhee smirked, humoring herself as she glided the distance between the two of them. Minhyeon shook her head, the lilt of her lips suddenly disappearing into a scowl.

"That was Ki, the principal of the high school that your sister works at." Her arms crossed tightly over the white blouse, her crimson lips pursing.

"Of course," the redhead sobered quickly with a nod. "What did he say? Did he inform you of her standing? Did she finally make a move on the game board?"

"Yes. Yes she did." Minhyeon chuckled delightfully, hands coming together as she rocked on the balls of her feet. "It seems that our darling Jisoo has decided to finally pick a side."

"She saved herself." Sookhee muttered coldly, a look of distaste crossing her features. "Are you disappointed in her for choosing... that girl?"

"I already knew that she had chosen the girl over me before I left. It was all inevitable the moment that she had suggested I give that blonde a chance. I only humored her on the subject and formulated the plan that I had told you at the diner that day." The lawyer smiled, almost proudly as she recollected back on her doings.

Sookhee nodded, but didn't seemed to be too terribly pleased with the news. One of her brows quirked as if she didn't understand what her mother was getting at. She was still rather confused as to what her mother was planning with this whole thing and she even voiced her thoughts, then, inquiring: "What are you benefitting from this? Your daughter hates you and she is losing her job, but her woman lover is still there. Isn't what you wanted was for the two of them to part? What is any of this doing?"

It was then that Minhyeon faltered, and Sookhee had noticed it. Then a slow smirk spread across the redheaded woman's face. Her mother hadn't thought it through, apparently. Whatever initial plan she had, turned into something twisted. Something completely indiscernible than what it had originally been played to be. The road was no longer clear and she had definitely veered straight off the path.

And landed somewhere halfway to Jupiter.

Sookhee knew that Minhyeon had no intentions of Jisoo losing her job, nor resigning from it either. She only wanted to use it as a mere threat to scare her youngest daughter away from Jennie, but that hadn't worked out so well in the end. Minhyeon had realized that her daughter didn't have simple, lust-driven feelings for the blonde student that would be easily canceled out if her job were at stake.