Chapter 2

Previously

He pulled down the lever. Loud cranks and heavy thuds could be heard along with squeaks from the old chains. A strange machine slowly rose from the darkness, making me tilt my head.

"Lets turn it on!!"

Continued

He nodded, silently agreeing with me. I grinned, running back down the hall. I heard Henry groan and attempt to keep up with me, so I slowed down. I went down a different hallway this time, then another.

'This strangely reminds me of a maze...'

I looked at the various Bendy cutouts, then at the posters on the walls in awe.

"Wow..." I smiled. I poked the cutouts giggling.

"(y/n)? Do you want to turn on the machine or not?" Henry grunted.

I nodded and instantly my face went serious. I walked around the desk area and continued for about, hmm... thirty seconds? A board fell off the ceiling, making a loud 'clank' as it hit the ground. I yelped and jumped two feet into the air, while Henry was just laughing at me. I growled, looking at him.

"Not funny" I narrowed my eyes at him, he stopped laughing and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Calm down (y/n), it was just a plank, no need to get so pis-" I slapped my hands over his mouth, looking down the hall...

"Oh my..." I couldn't even finish my sentence, I was so... sad...

My hands dropped to my sides and I began walking torwards the toon. Henry soon followed behind me, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Oh my god, Joey what were you doing..?" Henry turned me in the opposite direction, but I just pushed him away, glaring at him.

"You mean... Drew did this..? That... THAT MONSTER!! WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO HIM?! LOOK AT BORIS, THIS... THIS IS... CRUEL!! I... I didn't even get the chance... to meet him..." My voice cracked as tears clouded my vision.

I stared at Boris's corpse with fury and sadness, but then... a thought hit me like a punch to the face.

'But he's just a cartoon, how WAS he alive? Are the others still here too..? Or... are they like Boris..?' 

Henry slowly reached out to me, then pulled me into a tight embrace. I couldn't hold back the tears now. I dug my face into his shirt sobbing.

I hadn't even met the cartoon, but felt as if it was appropriate to cry. Nobody, not even a cartoon, deserved that... well... except for one person...

Joey

I had never met Joey either, but Henry had always said Joey was a kind and friendly man... but one day he changed. Henry never told me what happened after that though.

Henry smiled softly and pulled away from the hug. He firmly held my shoulder and shook me back and forth, "Machine kid, we have to turn on the machine!!"

I giggled and nodded, he grinned and walked back down the hall. I followed a few feet behind him, and right as we were about to round the corner, I took one last glance at Boris... sighing.

"You don't deserve to suffer" I mumbled.

I looked back at Henry then continued to walk. We entered an... interesting  room. On the sides of the room were pedestals, three on each side, with a frame above them...

The frames held pictures... A plushie, a music note, a jar of ink, a book, a wrench, and a cog wheel.

"You take the left, I'll take the right, okay?" Henry smiled. I nodded and spun on my heel, exiting the room... only to come face-to-face with a Bendy cutout.

I yelped, then laughed.

"How did you get here bud?" I smiled, patting the cutouts head... I swear I saw grey dust it's face...

I shrugged and continued my journey for the items.

---timeskip---

"Here plushie plushie plushie!!~" I giggled. I just needed the plushie and the record...

I walked into a small projector room, AND IT WAS ON THE CHAIR!! I gleamed and picked it up, hugged it to my chest as it squeaked. I ran back to the pedestal room and set the plushie in its place.

I ran back down the hall, but a light then caught my attention. As soon as I approached it, the light turned off. I raised an eyebrow and walked inside.