Chapter Thirteen - More Bark Than Bite

Crack

Jacob's nose breaks as my fist connects with it.

Honestly it's not surprising that this ended up happening, but I definitely start to regret it the second blood oozes from his face.

Damn, it smells good.

"Fuck!" Shouts the werewolf, and he brings his hand up to grab it, hissing as he painfully resets it. "Did you really have to go for the fucking nose? I'll actually kill you for this." He spits out the blood that covers his lips onto the ground, and of course my eyes follow, mesmerized by the red.

I want it.

Jacob must be able to tell what I'm thinking because he starts mumbling and cussing under his breath, saying something along the lines of disgusting motherfucker.

Whatever.

I shrug and graze my tongue over my elongated fangs, already feeling tired of our sparring session.

"Cool, are we done now?" I ask, wanting to go back inside and watch tv, or do literally anything else that would distract me from this guy's blood. How could something so addictive and delicious come from such an asshole?

Jacob scowls as he tries to wipe away the rest of the blood, smearing it across his face and causing me to look away toward the trees.

"We just started, mosquito. Already running away?" He taunts, making me roll my eyes.

"For the record, I broke your nose. I don't have a scratch on me, which obviously means I won. Anyways this is boring and you're making me hungry so I'm going back inside. Honestly I didn't even want to come out here in the first place." He frowns at my words, opening his mouth to say something back but I cut him off. "And I got a good hit in so I'm pretty satisfied."

I laugh at the angered look the wolf boy gives me and turn around to head back into the old trailer home, but then I hear fast stomping coming up from behind me and quickly dodge to the side as a familiar large wolf rushes forward and crashes into the porch. I'm surprised I almost didn't hear him coming, but the sight of Jacob lying upside down on the steps has me snickering. Man, what an idiot.

Jacob lets out a growl and then a loud bark, which I can only assume is him cussing me out.

"Well that was an incredibly cowardly move, attempting to attack someone when their back is turned." Says a deep and authoritative voice. I look up from Jacob's struggling form and to the person standing behind him. My eyes land on the pack's alpha who is currently standing there with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. "I don't think this counts as supervising him, Jake."

Jacob shifts back to his human form, exposing his bare body and causing me to cringe and quickly look away.

He may be used to it, but I'm sure as hell not, and although we're both guys, I definitely don't want to look at some other guy's dick. Especially if it's Jacob's.

"He was pissing me off, so I think he deserves it." He says, standing up and retrieving the clothes that the alpha handed out to him.

"I saw the whole thing from the window, kid. I don't think punching you in the nose when you asked for it is any reason for foul play." Scolds the alpha, and quickly the younger wolf's face takes on a guilty expression as he finishes getting dressed.

"Sorry, Dad."

The alpha chuckles as he shakes his head. I watch the two curiously, not knowing how a father-son relationship is like personally. My mother was kind of like a dad, but clearly it wasn't exactly the same.