Chapter Thirty Four - Bro

Of course the peace can't last forever - it never does.

So it isn't too surprising when the both of us are suddenly ripped apart by two pairs of extremely strong hands.

"Wha— hey!!" I shout, trying to dig my fingers into Danny's suit to stop him from being taken too far. Luckily we're still left about an arm's length apart, so I manage not to tear his incredibly expensive outfit.

That would've been such a shame, honestly, considering he's supposed to fuck me in it.

"Danny, what are you doing here with a vampire?" A man spits bitterly, and I glance over to see the stranger's glowing green eyes glaring down at my demon as if he's a disgrace.
He must be one of Danny's brothers...

"Yeah, you know how despicable their kind are." Chimes in another voice from behind me, his firm grip tightening around my arm. I snap my gaze over to the man in order to shoot him a glare, only to see that he's already sneering down at me, his glowing green eyes and sharp fangs on display, the sight of it causing an awful chill to run up my spine.

They're like Drake's—

Danny shakes off his moment of confusion to snatch his arm away from the tan buff man. He brushes his hands over his suit as if trying to wipe away dust, huffing irritably as if this encounter is a huge inconvenience.

"Because, Sid, he's my mate. So if you could kindly release him, Terry, that would be lovely."

Sid and Terry, huh? Not the most demonic sounding names out there, and both contrast greatly with their intimidating appearances. It's obvious they must be twins, or at least full-blooded siblings, since the two look extremely similar. Each are the complete opposite of Danny's fair freckled skin and light auburn hair, you wouldn't even know they were related.

Terry reluctantly shoves me away from him, making me cuss before rubbing my arm to rid some of the sting. "Watch it, Terry." I growl, my eyes glowing red as my fangs elongate threateningly. Of course he's almost as tall as Danny is and much buffer, so even just the idea that I could take him on is pretty laughable.

But I'll be damned if I didn't try.

The demon looks like he's about to hit me, but Sid hisses at him and the sound of it halts his movements. "You can't touch a demon's mate, remember? We've already crossed a line as it is." He tells him, but Terry continues to snarl as we stare each other down hatefully.

Bitch.

"How do we even know he's actually Danny's mate?"

"Are you stupid? They clearly have a connection, it's easy to find the scent once you're looking for it."

Terry takes a second to sniff the air, then his nose wrinkles in disgust. "Fuck, you're right." He shoots a glare at the ginger haired boy who's still standing only a short distance away from me, his arms crossed irritably with a dark look on his face. "What's the meaning of this, Danny? A vampire as a mate? Unheard of for the sons of Satan!"

"Yeah, well, this vampire can actually hear you, and I think all of these accusations are pretty harsh." I state, making him turn another scathing look to me. "You haven't even gotten to know me." I shrug my shoulders sarcastically, knowing they most likely wouldn't change their opinions even if they did.

Sid scowls, turning an accusing glare to his younger brother. "See how mouthy he is? Father wouldn't approve."

The words have Danny rolling his eyes. "Of course father wouldn't approve, but it seems like everyone keeps forgetting that it's my life, not his. I can decide on a mate on my own, thanks."