Chapter Fourteen - Flour Shower

"No mom, I'm not lying. I swear I'm doing fine."

I hear her laugh through the phone, and I huff.

I am in a bad mood, so technically I was lying, but she didn't have to know that.

"Alright, alright! I believe you."

I can tell that she definitely didn't believe me, but I wasn't going to push the matter. Suddenly I hear a large crash coming from the kitchen downstairs, and my eyes lock on the door as I listen.

Silence.

"—okay? Asher?" Asks my mom, and my attention is immediately brought back to the phone call. I open my mouth to say something when another loud crash echoes through the house, and I quickly get up from the guest bed I was sitting on and throw open the door, rushing down the stairs.

As I reach the bottom I realize I'm still on the phone.

"Uh, sorry mom, I think Danny burnt something in the hotel room kitchen. I'll have to call you later." I say hurriedly. She gives me a relieved okay, and I say goodbye before hanging up, instantly regretting that I didn't tell her I love her but deciding it was fine and I can always call them again later.

As I look up from my phone and into the living room, I'm met with a very interesting sight. There's at least five people looking towards me, every single one of them covered in flour.

My eyes travel from Danny to Jacob, then to his sister Renee, and lastly to Jacob's parents.

"What... happened...??" I ask slowly in confusion, and they all look at each other for a second before cracking up.

I just stare, completely baffled at the look of them all. How the hell did they manage to make such a giant mess?

"You should see the look on your face!" Laughs Jacob, and I feel a pang of irritation.

I roll my eyes.

"What did you guys do, dump it on yourselves?" I ask, exasperated.

The alpha chuckles as he holds up a handful of flour and shows it to me. "We may have gotten a bit carried away." He explains, and I sigh as I shake my head.

"Well what was all the crashing? I thought someone was in danger or something."

Danny immediately goes red, a guilty expression on his face, and everyone looks to him with a wide grin.

"Your friend here can be quite clumsy with kitchenware." Says the alpha's wife, "Remind me to never let him in here unsupervised."

I mentally cringe at the word friend, but decide not to say anything about it. Danny scratches the back of his neck bashfully as I shake my head in disappointment.

"Of course, I should've known." I sigh, choosing to then look at what they were making. Funnily enough, it looks familiar. "Are you guys making pancakes?" I ask, amusement in my voice. Who knew this could happen, a bunch of werewolves and the son of Satan, all making pancakes together.

Of course, Danny immediately brightens as he nods his head excitedly.

"Yeah! I told them all about IHOP and none of them have ever been, so we decided to try making some of our own cake batter pancakes! I googled a recipe and everything, and although we haven't gotten far, I think we're definitely on the right track." He says and I roll my eyes.

Of course.

"Alright, well, have fun I guess." I say as I begin to turn, but then he stops me.

"Wait, Asher, you should join us." He says, and I give him an odd look. He only smiles in return, seeming to be genuine with his offer. Of course Jacob scoffs at the idea of having me spend any time with him and his family, and Renee had turned noticeably paler. I think she's a bit scared of me.