Chapter Twenty - The Taste of Lust

I strip my bloody clothes off and get in the shower while Danny washes them for me, the atmosphere between us feeling different than usual.

I think back to what happened on the steps, the scene replaying again and again.

Drinking Danny's blood felt... amazing, to say the least. Apparently he felt good too, relieving any concerns of possibly hurting him.

I rinse the shampoo out of my hair as I close my eyes and allow the hot water to wash over me, images from tonight running through my mind. I run my tongue over my fangs as I remember how easily they slipped into his soft skin and the electrifying taste of his blood.

I shiver at the thought, unable to help feeling turned on.

Damn it.

I put some conditioner in my hair and sigh, unsure how to go about this. It's obvious we're both slipping into dangerous territory, and I don't want to admit how much I'm starting to desire the demon boy. His blood is amazing and I want more, but I want his body too.

As embarrassing as that is, I guess I've known this for awhile now and I just never wanted to see it.

Mental images, or rather fantasies, of me drinking from Danny as the two of us are naked flash through my mind, a desire-fueled image of me taking in his blood as we rub against each other and he touches me.

My face burns as I slam a fist against the tile, accidentally cracking it.

"Hey! Don't break my bathroom!" Shouts one of the werewolves downstairs. My guess is it's the main alpha since he doesn't sound too angry, like a certain wolf boy would.

I let out a breath as I clench my fist, resting my head against the wall as the water continues to run down my back.

"Asher?" Asks a soft voice through the door. "Is everything okay?"

Of course, it's Danny.

He never leaves me alone, even succeeding to fill my thoughts.

Damn him.

"I'm fine..." I say quietly, lying to both him and myself. Although he can probably tell, as usual. I don't know what it is about the demon, but he always seems to know exactly how I'm feeling even when I don't.

Annoying.

There's a few seconds of silence and I think he's walked away, but then he speaks up again.

"Can I come in for a second?" He asks cautiously and I sigh, I should've expected this. Doesn't matter if I'm naked I suppose, it's not like he hasn't seen it before. I give him a little bit of a hum as a response, not wanting to say yes but not completely wanting to deny him either.

He takes it as an okay and enters the bathroom, peeking in slowly and blushing when his eyes connect with mine. I don't know why he still blushes, it's nothing new to him.

"Sorry..." he mumbles, and I just look away as I grab the soap, going to wash my slender arms.

God, why am I so weak looking?

Danny clears his throat but I don't look at him as I continue to shower, and he stands there in the middle of the bathroom awkwardly.

"Are you holding up okay?" He asks worriedly, and I glance at him out of the corner of my eye and notice his stare fall to the large scar on my stomach, his facial expression turning into one of sadness.

"Hm. Yeah, I guess. Better than most people who get violently stabbed." I respond calmly, continuing to pretend as though I don't notice him staring as I wash. Now his gaze is trailing over my body, and I feel goosebumps as the images I imagined earlier flash through my mind again. I flush and turn away so he can't see my face, hoping he doesn't notice that I'm feeling very turned on right now.