Chapter Eighteen - Death Makes Me Horny

You know that awkward feeling you get when you walk into a place that you obviously don't belong in?

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling right now.

Danny and I walked into the old timey bar and I shit you not, literally everyone's eyes immediately latched on to us. That was one of the most freakiest things I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of freaky shit.

Luckily most of the people here decided there wasn't anything interesting about us and looked away, but some eyed us suspiciously and stared until we made it all the way to the bar. The worst part? The place wasn't nearly as empty as Jacob's mom made us believe it was going to be.

There must have been at least fifty people in here for what I'm assuming to be karaoke night.

Wow, just our luck.

Danny clears his throat awkwardly as he blushes, keeping a pleasant smile on his face the whole time.

Honestly I'm a bit impressed.

As for me, well, I can't seem to stop the nerves pooling in my gut. I hope my face remains unreadable and emotionless, because I'm feeling like I'm about to jet out of here.

This place gives me a bad feeling.

Once we reach the bar and sit down, a young woman comes up to us with a stern look on her face.

"IDs please." She says and the two of us nod before reaching into our pockets and pulling out the fake ones Jacob's mom gave us earlier. She looks them over and when she doesn't find anything to be out of place, she smiles and hands them back to us.

"Well, it seems like the both of y'all just barely turned 21 this year!" She exclaims pleasantly and the two of us glance at each other before nodding, fake smiles plastered on our faces. Her smile widens. "Then I bet you don't know what all the good drinks are! Here, I know just what you need." She says, winking at us before turning away.

I catch a glimpse of her name tag, my eyes widening as I realize that this is the woman we're looking for. I look to Danny to see if he's noticed and see that he's already looking at me. He nods, letting me know that he's already seen it.

So this is the white witch. Ironically, she's actually not white at all. Her beautiful tan skin looks soft and healthy and her thick dark hair goes far past her waist, tickling her arms. She's a very beautiful Indian woman, making it hard to believe she's actually over a hundred years old. Another thing that seems a bit off is that her name's Penny since it doesn't really suit her at all. But I guess we aren't really the ones to judge, considering we're Asher the vampire and Danny the Son of Satan.

Yeah, that just sounds stupid.

Finally the woman spins back around and places two drinks in front of us, both a dazzling red color with little umbrellas placed inside of them.

"This drink is called Truth. It's our most popular, and we recommend it to everyone who comes in here to try it at least once! It's to die for, really." She explains, and for some reason I get the odd feeling that I shouldn't drink it. I look down into the glass and can't notice anything wrong with it, but I can't seem to shake the bad feeling away. I look at Danny who also seems to be unsure about the red liquid, and he laughs nervously.

"I don't know, it doesn't really look like our cup of tea. Is there something less strong possibly?" He asks politely, "We're pretty new to drinking honestly, and I don't think we'd be able to handle very much alcohol."

I feel a sense of relief as I hear Danny's words, since the excuse definitely makes sense and won't be easy to decline.

However, the woman laughs.