~Chapter Five~

What happened to all of the brothers to make them so distant from one another and so... different from how I remember them? Could I possible get with one of them after everything I've gone through as well as everything they have done?

After what Shu had told me yesterday, I didn't know how to think or feel about the brothers or around them. They are so different and did things I wouldn't expect them to do.

"Beatrix dies a couple of years ago. Reiji killed her. Beatrix completely abandoned and left Reiji as a child," Shu started. "as for Cordelia, well the triplets all killed her. Ayato wounded her, Laito pushed her of the balcony into a rose bush, and Kanato incinerated her body."

The thought of them killed their mothers made shivers run down my spine. They have changed so much all because of their mother. However, Subaru killed his mother to help me with her mental disorder, to take away all of the pain she had been going through.

Taking me out of my thoughts, Ayato slammed my door open and took a hold of my wrist dragging me somewhere. I took quick glances at his face and saw an mixture of glee and something else I couldn't pick up on. Eventually, we made it to the kitchen.

"make me some Takayaki! Yours truly is hungry and wants food, so be a good girl and make me some Takayaki," he said all up himself.

I picked up a random cook book and started to flick through to see if the recipe was in there, but the book was snatched out of my hand just as I found the recipe.

"WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TOUCH THIS BOOK!?" screamed an angry Kanato. At that moment I got a look at the front of the book. It was the book I had even to Kanato as his present. "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH THIS! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT! YOU SHOULD BE PUNISHED!"

"Leave her alone Kanato. She was going to make some treats, so please stop screaming," said Reiji from the entrance of the kitchen. He walked closer to me and placed his hand on my shoulder in a comforting way as seeing how scared I was after Kanato screaming at me. "I'm sure Yuki will make you some treats as well as making some Takayaki for Ayato."

I nodded yes, saying that I will make Kanato some treats, in hopes that he will calm down, forgive me and not punish me.

"I want so chocolate cake and some chocolate chip cookies," Kanato said, in a calm voice, showing he was no longer mad. "I give you permission to use my cook book, but only this once." I bowed my head as a thank you and turned my body so it was facing Reiji, in a way of asking if he wanted anything.

"I'm alright, Yuki. Thank you for the offer though," Reiji replied politely, patted my shoulder again and left the room.

After a couple of hours of cooking, everything was finished and Ayato and Kanato were sitting at the table in the centre of the kitchen eating away at the treats. As I was cleaning the counter, a fork full of cake was held in front of me.

"you can have a taste of the cake after all your hard work of cooking for me and Ayato," Kanato said as he hid behind his teddy bear. "Teddy agrees as well."

Ayato came up behind me and pushed some of my hair out of my face while Kanato moved the fork to my mouth and forced it open so that I could try some. As I was eating the forkful of cake, Kanato and Ayato made faces of glee and happiness that I was eating.

"you have a very beautiful face Yuki, perfect for one of my dolls," Kanato said creepily. I don't like the sound of his dolls.

"Kanato you only make dolls with the sacrificial brides, if she picks you then you might be able to make her into a doll, but remember she is a perspective bride so we can't kill her," Ayato explained, making Kanato feel a little sad. "but I do agree that Melons does have a beautiful face."

They both left the kitchen, leaving me alone in shock. I was right. Even if they saw my face, they wouldn't recognise me, though I am not surprised, the only ones that did she my face ten years ago was Shu, Reiji and Subaru. No of the triplets saw my face.

Walking up to my room, I ran into Laito who was sitting on a windowsill, looking outside in the garden. He saw me and gave me his famous smirk that he does every time he sees me.

"hello Mouse-Chan. You look rather lonely, wanna spend some time with me~?" he asked. I thought about it from a moment, but agreed. He may be a pervert, but I still want to get to know him. He lead me to the music room. "play something for me please Mouse-Chan."

I looked at the keys thinking of what song to play. While I was in that place, they taught me to play the piano as a way to get my emotions out. I decided what to play. (play the music above)

As I was playing, I didn't notice that Laito moved closer to me. After I finished, I found Laito next to me on the piano chair with his fedora off and his head in my neck.

"you smell amazing Mouse-Chan. Let me have something to drink," he asked. Me being the polite and nice person I am, I nodded my head, giving him permission. Due to my change in clothes, Laito had better access to my neck then Subaru did. While looking at my neck, he saw the bite mark from Subaru and touched it. "I see Subaru had the first bite."

Laito grabbed my sides and turned me until I was facing him directly. He moved his face away from my neck and down to my collar bone where he lightly kissed my skin and then sunk his fangs into my skin. Just like with Subaru, an explosion of pain occurred, only it was as bad. Was Laito being gentle with me? He took a few gulps and detracted his fangs from my skin and lifted his head up, watching as blood leaked out of the two holes that had made.

"you blood is so nice, and the smell of it reminds me of something I haven't smelt in years, but what it is I don't know. Come on Mouse-Chan," Laito suddenly lifted me up bridal style and teleported to my room. "you need your rest after today."

He placed me on the bad gently and walked over to the door. He opened it and looked back over at me. I was getting under the covers of the bed and making myself comfortable. He softly laughed at this.

"Goodnight Mouse-Chan," he said, closing the door soon after him. I closed my eyes and let darkness surround me.