~Chapter Nineteen~

Warning! long chapter ahead!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Subaru ran down to where Subaru could smell Cordelia's scent. We ended up going into a large room that had a nice balcony on the inside. On the balcony was Yui, Reiji, who doesn't look impressed, and another man. At the bottom stood Kanato and Laito looking more annoyed than ever. The man had piercing red eyes, dark green hair and a black coat that made his figure look tougher and slimmer.

"Oh, be quiet," Subaru said, announcing that we were in the room. All of the brothers, as well as Yui and the man looked over to where we stood. That's not Yui. That's Cordelia, but how? "neither of you belong here."

Subaru walked closer towards the balcony. His eyes dulled and his face showed annoyance. He walked over with his hands in his pockets. Just from looking at him, you could tell that he was very annoyed.

"get lost," he finished. I looked at him shocked. He just told his stepmother to 'get lost'. I know that I would never do that to my parents. After sating this, he stopped moving and just stood there looking up at Cordelia and the other man. Who is he?

"you put on a good show Subaru, despite your inability to protect your own mother," the man said. I could tell that this had hit Subaru badly. He became more tense and his clenched his fists tightly. So tightly his knuckles became paler. The man had a smirk on his face, seeing Subaru's reaction.

"shut up!" Subaru suddenly jumped up to the railing on the balcony, in front of the man and attempted to punch him. The man grabbed a hold of Subaru's fist and twisted it backwards. Subaru then attempted to kick the man, but he retreated back, letting go of Subaru's fist. He jumped back down and landed between Laito and Kanato. I quickly rushed to his side, to make sure he was okay.

"Subaru! Are you okay?" I asked him, concerned about his hand. His hand looked okay, so I gave his hand a quick kiss and helped his stand up. He placed his hand on my waist, keeping me close to him in a protective way.

"none of you can best to rival me!" the man said. Who is this guy? I don't care. He doesn't belong in this house. Reiji then begins to walk away, towards the stairs to the balcony. No one noticed.

Hahaha

"are you sure you should be so cocky like that?" Shu laughed from the couch that he was lying on. He had one arm above his head and the other over his chest. I had only just noticed that he was in the room.

"what was that?" the man asked Shu, his attention now on Shu and not Subaru. Who does this guy think he is!? Waltzing in here acting like he owns that place! He can take Cordelia and leave the mansion.

"you act like you are the tough one, but you're just putting on a show," Shu said tiredly.

"Shu, what ae you trying to say?" the man asked him, curiously. Shu then sat up. He sat upright for a moment before standing up properly. Omg! Shu is actually standing up! I haven't seen his do this, other than when we did the bet that I won.

"face it, you're a loser. You're not even worthy enough to lick Karlhein's boots. You'll never be head of this family," Shu said. By now, he had both of his eyes open, showing his ocean blue eyes. From this, I knew that he was annoyed as well now. The man's face scrunched up and he made an annoyed groan.

"is this really the best entertainment you can muster up? Geez, you people are as dull as ever," Cordelia said, moving to stand next to the man. We all looked up at her annoyed. Subaru squeezed my waist slightly. "and you know what the worst thing is? You're keeping me from being the vibrant woman that I deserve to be. Ritcher, dispose of them immediately. Do it right now!"

Cordelia was now annoyed. She pulled out Subaru's silver knife and handed it towards Ritcher. How did she get that? I looked up to Subaru. He looked down at me. His eyes showed many emotions, the main one being guilt. You gave it to her on purpose, didn't you? So, you could ask her to kill you with it...

"let me see that," the man that I now know as Ritcher said while taking the knife from Cordelia. "this is Subaru's silver knife isn't it? It's highly lethal. One stab to the heart with this and it's lights out for anyone of them."

"yes," Cordelia replied. Our faces had all just showed more annoyance. They'll disintegrate instantly without any pain. That only goes to show how much I love them, including you Yuki, or shall I use the name the others know you by?"

"go ahead. Say it. It won't change the fact that you and your friend won't be leaving this house, let alone this room alive," I said. My eyes completely dulled as I looked at her directly in the eyes. Her face had a small smirk on it.

"Very well Moon. Now dispose of them immediately and I will be more that happy to make you the next head of the family," Cordelia said to Ritcher, not moving her eyes from mine. Subaru's grip tightened when she called me by my other name.

"so, if I kill them for you, you swear to make me the next head of the family?" Ritcher asked Cordelia, who still had their eyes on me.

"yes!" Cordelia replied, with an even bigger smirk on her face. Her voice was filled with glee and venom.

"well that's strange," Cordelia looked over to Ritcher who was looking at the knife in front of his face. "I was under the impression that we had already agreed upon that. Was it not one of the terms we discussed as I saved you, as you laid dying? You solemnly swore that if I saved your life, you would appoint ultimate authority over this household... to me."

"Ritcher," she said as she wrapped her hands around his free arm. "you must know that I would do anything you desire my darling. Now hurry up and dispose of these pesky boys, and girl. Do it for me won't you?"

"you are a fool," Ritcher said, causing Cordelia to look up at him properly. "you're useless to me like this. You're nothing, but damaged goods. Do you really think I want you in this condition? The only thing I really need, is your heart. Once I awaken the girl who possess your heart and make her mine, I will become the next head of the family... and I can do it without the help of your assistance."

Cordelia began to walk back, away from Ritcher, slowly. She had a shocked look on her face that made me smirk a little. Karma is a bitch and you've just learnt that Cordelia.

"You've been planning this since the moment I entrusted you with my heart? Tell me that's not true," Cordelia asked, shocked and a little scared.

"oh dear. Did you only just realize?" Ritcher said. He turned and faced Cordelia. "you're not the one who has been using me all this time... I have been the one using you."

Quickly, he grabbed a hold of Cordelia's wrist and forced her over to him, making her lean over and fall slightly, her neck completely exposed. He went to take a bit at her next only to be stopped by a voice.