~Chapter Seventeen~

It had been a couple of days later and we're now at the weekend meaning no school. Me and Subaru, well mainly me, decided to go for a walk at night in the garden. It was getting closer and closer to the awakening making the brothers act differently. Apparently, the awakening makes them become weaker meaning they will need more blood. Subaru hasn't bitten out of me yet, he drinks out of Yui instead annoying me a little.

"Subaru?" I asked, stopping where I was which was in the middle of a path in the rose garden. Subaru stopped as well and turned back to look at where I was now standing,

"Yes Yuki?" he replied, concerned about why I called his name and stopped walking. He walked closer to me, until he was directly in front of me and grabbed my hand lightly. He gave it as small squeeze, reassuring me that I can say anything to him.

"is there a reason why you drink from Yui and not me?" I asked him. "you haven't bitten me, yet you seem more attracted to Yui's blood. You always drink from her."

"Yuki..." Subaru started. He took a hold of my chin and made me look him in the eyes. "why do you ask?"

"I thought that because we are together that you'd drink my blood and not her's. I'm a sacrificial bride as well Subaru," I said, trying to get an answer out of him. He seemed hesitant with what he wants to say.

"I don't want to hurt you Yuki. There are many reasons why I don't want to drink your blood," he said. I gave him a look that told him that I needed a better answer. "I don't want to drink too much and then kill you. I don't want to hurt you Yuki."

"that's not all of your reasons is it?" I asked after a while. He was hiding something from me, and I needed to know what it is. "what else is there?"

"nothing... I gave you all of my reasons," he said hesitantly again. "can we please drop this and continue with our walk?"

His voice held annoyance and plead. He was annoyed at me for asking him about this and was pleading me to leave it and forget about it. No. I will not forget this.

"no. what else are you hiding Subaru? If you really like me then you'd tell me," I said. I wasn't planning on leaving this alone until I get a better answer.

"sigh.... Yuki...," he said tiredly. He was getting tired of this conversation it seems. "all I will say is that you remind me of someone that I don't want to hurt, but what about you? I know that you're hiding something from me."

I look at him shocked. What? How could he tell? Did Shu and Laito tell him something about when I played the piano for them? I decided to act cool and not give anything away. Now isn't the time to tell him.

"I don't know what you are talking about Subaru," I started. "I'm not hiding anything from you. If I was to hide anything it would be for your safety. If there was something, I needed to tell you, I would tell you immediately."

"then tell me about your past," he said, making me tense up a little. "whenever me or one of the brothers would ask about your past, you'd either change the subject or you'd only give a small amount of information, information that wouldn't make any sense."

"I can't tell you Subaru. Now isn't the time," I told him. "I want to tell you, I have wanted to since I get here, but it just isn't the time."

"when is the time?!" Subaru asked, getting angrier and angrier. "you said you've wanted to tell me for a while so just tell me already! What can be so bad that you are waiting for the 'right time' to tell me!?"

"Subaru please calm down. I'll tell you okay... I'll tell you..." I said. He seemed to have calmed down a little once I had told him that I'd tell him.

We dragged him over to the gazebo so that we could sit down. I thought I was best that we'd sit down. I'm about to tell him that I'm Moon and everything that I've been through before and after I met him. How shall I start?

"Remember the girl that you and the brothers keep mentioning, that you met all those years ago?" I asked him. I nodded instantly. I look a breath. "well, I don't know how to say this so I'm just going to be honest with you... I am her..."