~Chapter Twenty~

"Hey, you!" said the voice. Right by the stairs, stood Ayato looking cocky as always. He had his hand on his hip and an annoyed, but stern look on his face. "would the both of you just shut the hell up? She belongs to me. Don't touch her without my say-so!"

Ritcher reached behind him and grabbed a hold of the many swords that was again the wall, in a holder, and pulled in out. He pointed it in the direction of where Ayato stood, doing this all without dropping Cordelia. He face showed nothing, but annoyance.

"do not interfere!" he screamed. He was getting angrier and angrier every second that went by. He lunched forward and swung the sword at Ayato only to have him jump back before getting cut in the skin, but not quick enough to save his tie that was now in two pieces.

"why you..." Ayato was now more annoyed at his tie. His face was more annoyed and angrier than before. Quickly, I got out of Subaru's arms and ran over to the wall behind us and grabbed one of the swords and threw it in the direction of Laito.

"hey Ayato!" Laito screamed, before tossing the sword to Ayato who caught it with ease and placed it down at his side, ready for the fight that was going to occur. I made my way back over to the brothers only to have Shu and Subaru place one of their hands on one of my shoulders in a way of calming me down. I had only just noticed how tense I was.

"your free ride is over. I'll make you regret coming here!" Ayato said, his voice filled with venom and hate towards Ritcher. He really must care about Yui...

"and what do you think you can do about it?" Ritcher asked with a smirk evident on his face making me and the others more annoyed. He was acting cocky. Ritcher's face became more stern before the fight began.

All that could be heard was Ayato's and Ritcher's swords clash against each other. Slowly, Ritcher was forcing Ayato to walk backwards, while still fighting, until Ayato attempts to hold Ritcher's sword down. Ritcher was able to push against Ayato sword, pushing Ayato against the wall. Ayato's face got more angrier until Ritcher stabbed Ayato in the shoulder.

"Ayato!" I screamed before running up to where he was. There is no way in hell I am going to let Ritcher hurt Ayato and get away with it. "Leave him alone!"

I pulled out a small dagger I kept in my shoe and swung it directly at Ritcher only to make him lean back and kick me in the stomach making me hunch forward, giving him the chance to kick me in the side of the head. The impact made me fall down the stairs.

Subaru and Reiji quickly ran over to help me while Ritcher pulled the sword out of Ayato's shoulder causing blood to pour out of him wound. Ayato dropped his sword ad fell to his knees, holding his badly wounded shoulder. By this time, Subaru had his hand on my waist support me.

"Now stay still." Ritcher said smirking still. He lifted his sword above his head, ready to swing it down and have it land in Ayato's head. Ayato's face tensed and got even more angry, somehow, he is able to get more annoyed. Suddenly, he face calmed when hearing a voice, making him look up, shocked.

"Ayato." Yui said, her eyes no longer green. Her pink eyes where evident. Her face showed shock and fear. "I..."

Ritcher's face went from cocky to shocked. Yui overpowered Cordelia. She moved Ritcher's arm from around her, grabbed something from his pocket and ran down the stairs, past Ayato, who's face was still shocked. She stopped on the small landing between the stairs and looked at Subaru's knife with shaky hands. She moved it until it was pointed at her heart and closed her eyes. All of our faces showed shock while Ritcher's showed annoyance. You idiot...

"now no one will get hurt," she said, opening her eyes with a smile on her face. Quickly, she plunged the knife into her chest, making her fall back, until Ayato caught her, with his sword by his side. Her body was limp, and she had her eyes closed shut.

"the heart is mine!" Ritcher screamed raising his sword above his head again ready to attack only to be stopped by Ayato's sword that was plunged into his side. He dropped the sword and disappeared as soon as Ayato removed his sword from him.

"hey!" Ayato said desperate and worried about Yui, not wanting to think that she is dead. "open your eyes!"

Her eyes opened only to show the green eyes of Cordelia. She was suffering from the pain the knife is causing. She had a small smirk on her face.

"only a foolish girl would stab herself," Cordelia struggled to say. "what a joke. Her death and the awakening are only a matter of time. And then both her body and soul will be all mine."

With what Cordelia said, we were all shocked. Yui killing herself only meant that Cordelia would come back. Her efforts were useless. Ayato and Yui just stayed where they were while we all moved about. Reiji went to his lab to try and come up with something to get Cordelia out of Yui's body while Shu and Subaru helped me with my wounds.