~Chapter Eight~

After three painful hours of baking, I finished making the treats for the triplets and were now making my way up to the music room with Laito. Well, I was being dragged by Laito to where I guessed was the music room as that is where he took me to last time. Eventually, we made it to the music room where he made me sit on the piano stool while he stood up next to me.

"care to explain what was on your mind during the dinner party Mouse-Chan~?" Laito in his perverted tone of voice. I took a hold of my note book and pen only for Laito to snatch it out of my hands. I look up at him confused. "I want you use your voice and tell me Mouse-Chan~."

I glared at him, hoping he got the message that I don't like talking and to give me back my note book and pen, but he didn't budge at all. Deep down, I knew that something like this was going to happen, but I didn't think that it would happen today. I looked down and took a small breath.

"Why is it that you and your brothers don't get along with each other? It can't just be because of the fact that you have different mothers," I said, my voice croaky from the fact that I haven't spoken in over ten years. Laito looked shocked at the fact that I actually spoke.

"I'm surprised you actually spoke Mouse-Chan. Well we don't get along with each other for different reason, one of them being that we came from different mothers. There is also the fact that Cordelia and Beatrix were very competitive about having each of their first child to become the next head of the house, but other then that, it is mainly just because we have different personalities that clash with each other," Laito explained. There was a small moment of silence.

"can you not tell the other, or anyone about the fact that you heard me speak. This is a onetime thing," I said as a whisper. He looked me in the eyes and nodded.

"I won't tell a soul, but I will say this. You have a very pretty face. I'm glad that you have stopped hiding it from us," he said with a fake, no, genuine smile. This made me smile back, as well as blush a little.

"why is it you hide your voice in the first place Yuki?" asked a voice from the couch by the window, across the piano. I looked over in shock and horror, not wanting to have whoever it was tell anyone. On the couch, I saw Shu lying down, listening to music, who looked to be asleep.

"Ahh~ Shu you scared Mouse-Chan. How mean. Don't worry Mouse-Chan, I'm sure Shu won't tell anyone," Laito said as he gave me a hug from behind to calm me down slightly, and placed my note book and pen in my hands. "but I am curious as well~."

I looked down at the floor. I have never told anyone why I hid my voice or my face. This was all new to me and I didn't like it. I started to run towards the door, an attempt to escape the room and having to answer the question, but was pulled back by two hands that had made their way around my waist.

"come on now Mouse-Chan. You should know that it wasn't going to be that easy for you to get away. Now why don't you answer our question," Laito said, anger starting to take over his voice. I didn't budge or say a word. Instead, I stood there, tears running down my face with Laito's hands around my waist as I remember everything that had happened to me.

*FLASHBACK* (do not read this if you do not like sexual or domestic abuse)

I remember the smell of freshly burnt meat and dirt in the air as I sat there in the middle of the basement, chains all over my body, restraining me in that one spot that I have been stuck in for who knows how long. Fresh and old wounds were spread across my body after a beating from my 'mother' and 'father'. The pain had gone down slightly, but I hurt a lot if I were to move a single limb. My head became light. I felt as if I was close to passing out or dying. Either of them meant freedom to me.

This had been going on for many years. Since I was two years old. I did have an older sister who protected me, but ran away, saving herself and leaving me here to go through all of this pain. I knew that one day I would be able to get out of this place, and that day was today.

During my beating, I was able to snatch the keys off of my 'father' and used them to get me out of these chains. From there, I climb my way up and out of the small window at the top of the basement. Once outside, I stood up and ran away from the house in a random direction, filled with adrenaline and hope. After me running for a couple of hours, I had made it outside of a gate leading to a mansion. The Sakamaki Mansion.

*END OF THE FLASHBACK*

I didn't know how to explain what happened to me so instead, I removed myself from Laito's arms and walked over to the paino and started playing a song. It didn't explain what happened to me, but it was a good enough answer to Shu's and Laito's answer. (play the song above)

For you I could pretend I was happy, I could hide away the sorrow
For you I could feign strength, numb the pain, and be the man you can depend on
I'm wishing loving was perfect, I'm praying
Don't realize deep inside that I'm broken
I trusted in a dream, a hopeless cause
Now I watch the flowers as they wither

I'm so sick of this
Fake love, fake love, fake love
I'm so sorry but it's
Fake love, fake love, fake love

I wanna be a good one (just for you)
Give you the world love (just for you)
Forget who I was (just for you)
Now I don't know me (who are you?)
Hey, forest for us two, love where have you gone?
I forgot the route, wandered now I'm lost
I'm starting to fade to what you want to see
For your happiness, I have lost all of me

For you I could pretend I was happy, I could hide away the sorrow
For you I could feign strength, numb the pain, and be the man you can depend on
I'm wishing loving was perfect, still praying
You don't realize deep inside that I'm broken
I trusted in a dream, a hopeless cause
Now I watch the flowers as they wither

I love you so bad, love you so bad
A perfect illusion created for you
I love you so mad, love you so mad
A beautiful doll in the image you drew
Love you so bad, love you so bad
A perfect illusion created for you
Love you so mad, love you so mad
A beautiful doll, thrown away when you're through

I'm so sick of this
Fake love, fake love, fake love
I'm so sorry but it's
Fake love, fake love, fake love

Why you sad? I don't know anymore
Smile for me, tell me how you love me now
Look at me, even I have given up
Where you at? Love you said you'd understand

You won't take my hand, you're saying I'm not the guy that you used to love
But how can you ask me that when you were the one who ripped me apart?
What do you mean no love? Was blinded by you
Is love even real I wonder? It's all fake love

(Woo) I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
(Woo) Who's the face, looking back, in the mirror
(Woo) I just know, I just know, I just know why
'Cause it's all fake love, fake love, fake love

I love you so bad, love you so bad
A perfect illusion created for you
Love you so mad, love you so mad
A beautiful doll in the image you drew
Love you so bad, love you so bad
A perfect illusion created for you
Love you so mad, love you so mad
A beautiful doll, thrown away when you're through

I'm so sick of this
Fake love, fake love, fake love
I'm so sorry but it's
Fake love, fake love, fake love

For you I could pretend I was happy, I could hide away the sorrow
For you I could feign strength, numb the pain, and be the man you can depend on
I'm wishing loving was perfect, I'm praying
You don't realize deep inside that I'm broken
I trusted in a dream, a hopeless one
Now I watch the flowers as they wither

Once I was done, Shu and Laito both looked at me, not knowing what to say. Not only have they heard me speak, but they heard me sing. Sing a song that had a deep meaning and kind of answered their question.

"please don't tell anyone of this," I said quietly, before leaving the music room and made my way back into my room. As soon as I got in, I laid down on my bed, looking at the wall on my left as tears slowly made their way down my face. An arm crawled across my waist. I looked behind me only to see Subaru with his eyes closed.

"go to sleep Yuki," he said. If only I could go to sleep...