~Chapter Sixteen~

We all looked up to the door, only to see Yui standing there awkwardly, gripping the strap of her bag. Both me and Kanato looked at each other with annoyed looks on our face. I look over to Laito to see him have a slight smirk on his face. What are you planning Laito?

"sorry I'm late sir. I didn't know where I was going," she said quietly, making me roll my eyes. She's been here for a few weeks now and she is still using the excuse of her being the 'new' student. How annoying.

"You've been here for the past few weeks, so you aren't 'new'," someone said from the back of the room. I turned to see who said it and was greeted by a boy with grey hair that turned into a light blue. He saw me looking at him and gave me a small wink and smile.

"Hurry up and get over here Little Bitch!" shouted Laito, causing me to flinch slightly due to it being so loud in my ears. Yui quickly made her way over to where we were. "so, shall we all begin? ~"

"what is it we are doing Laito?" Yui asked while placing her bag under the counter. Me and Kanato had already started to grab the ingredients we need to make the Macaroons.

"We're making macaroons so hurry up be useful," Kanato said with an annoyed tone of voice while looking at her directly in the eyes. Yui shrunk back in fear making me laugh a little.

"Something amusing you Yuki? ~ "Laito asked. I looked at him and gave him a slight glare. He knows that I am not fond of here due to how annoying she is and the fact that she is also a handful to deal with. "ahhhhhhh... right~"

Two hour past and we were just able to finish making the macaroons, without the help of Yui. She was just making everything a mess and it really got on mine and Kanato's nerves. We were unable to pick one flavor, so we decided to do a mixture and have them all different flavors.

"time's up everyone! Please stop with what you are doing and place your treats at the ends of your desks, with your names on them!" me and Kanato carefully lifted the plate of macaroons and placed it at the end of the desk. While we did this, Laito worked on the label, and Yui just sat on the stood doing nothing. She is really useless. I'm glad that I'm not a vampire. I think I would've killed her already.

Ring ring

The bell rings signalling the lesson is over and now it's time for break and this lesson was a double. Laito quickly left with Yui following behind him, leaving me and Kanato alone. He had a sad look on his face.

"something the matter Kanato?" I asked quietly. He looked at me in the eyes when I saw something in his eyes, but I couldn't place what it was.

"You remind me of someone. Someone who I haven't seen in years. I want to believe that you are her, but I've come to terms with the fact that I probably won't see her again..." Kanato said before making his way towards the door. I quickly grabbed my bag and joined him.

"I'm sure whoever this person is really misses you and would try and do anything to see you again. If it was me, I know I would do anything to see you again," I told him. He looked at me with a smile on his face. Not his creepy one, a genuine smile.

"Subaru is lucky to have you. He may not show it, but he does really care about you, we all do. You mean a lot to us Yuki," Kanato said. He walked away to wherever, leaving me by myself.  Kanato... if only you knew. I want to tell you and the brothers, but I'm scared to...

"he's not wrong," I heard a voice behind me say. I turned around and saw Shu standing there with one eye open. "we do care about you; we just have a hard time showing it due to how we were brought up."

"were you parents not nice?" I asked him. From what I remember, Cordelia was scary, Beatrix was nice to me, but I never met Subaru's mum.

"our father was never around so we were brought up by our mothers. Mine and Reiji's mother was always trying to prove that I was better than Cordelia's fist son, Ayato. I'm supposed to be the head of the household. Reiji was never noticed by our mother, so he tried his best to prove to Beatrix that he was worthy. Ayato was forced to study a lot, Laito was harassed by Cordelia, making him who he is today and Kanato had to always sing for her. Subaru didn't see his mother often as she was placed in the tower due to her mental health," Shu explained.  It took me a moment to understand what they had gone though.

"you're talking more than often..." I said, trying to lighten the mood. My comment made Shu laugh a little. "even with everything that you have all been through, you have remained loyal to one another."

"that's because of someone we met," Ayato said, appearing from behind Shu. Both me and Shu looked over at him. "when we were younger, we met someone who made us happy."

"she was only with us for a day, but she impacted our lives more that she realised," Shu continued. "she made us happy and actually be a family for once. Not even our mothers or father was able to do that."

"she sounds like an extraordinary person..." I said. I need to tell them the truth. I know I need to, but I don't want anything to change. They mean so much to me.